Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been reading on this site for a little while and finally registered. There is a lot of great information here. I just recently purchase an 03 636 as my first bike and absolutely love it. I have almost put a 1000 miles on it in it's first two weeks and can't wait to learn more. Any tips/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all the members on here!

Also, I just completed an oil change but I also drained what seemed to be oil out of this 17 mm bolt on the side of the engine. Right side, by the oil filler cap about three inches forward of it...anyone know what that is?.. I have put the bike in my garage and have not ridden it since because I can't find any information on this bolt. Transmission, Gear oil? I have no idea and have been searching forums for the past couple days.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Take the msf, the trans and motor use the same oil. In not 100% but would guess that it is a secondary drain for the uper half of the engine. if your oil levels are good you should be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!.. great thats what I was hoping it was, but wasn't sure. If anyone else knows for sure, please post. My oil levels are at the right level after putting four quarts in. Does anyone else use this secondary drain when they do oil changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts