Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Just recently got a 01 ZX6R. Never been on a bike, but no worries I'm set to take the MSF class before I even ride the bike. I'm fairly new to the motorcycle world so any info you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. To start, what types of maintenance should I look to perform?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the MSF class this weekend. I was just wondering what I need to bring, or anything else that would make me successful in the class.

ALSO...

Noticed my intro was pretty weak compared to anyone else...so...

I'm originaly from Jacksonville, NC. Stationed here in Kansas now! Defeinetly miss the beach! Picked up my 01 ZX6R about a month ago. $2500. It has 19111 miles on it. Good Deal?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Only thing you need is over the ankle shoes, a jacket or long sleeve shirt, and gloves. They will supply the bike and the helmet.

The MSF course teaches you the very basics. Since you've never been on a bike before, it is the right thing to do. They teach like you know nothing.

Good luck and be careful on that 6. They can get away from you before you know it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Any riding gear? BTW Welcome.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE!!!
Passed the MSF course this weekend. Definetly a great way to spend $200. Worth every penny. I learned so much, I'll definetly be practicing this tasks more and more to increase my skills. Thanks to everyone who suggested the class. I definetly recommend taking it for any rider who has limited expierence. Just learning the "friction zone" was enough for me. Gives me a little more confidence when I'm on the bike.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you have never been on a motorcycle before, the MSF class is good start, but starting on a 600 as your first bike is nuts. Sorry, its just the truth. Motorcycles provided at the class are in a whole different level than your bike. Just be safe on that thing. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts