Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

New to this forum .. my 2010 Kawasaki Z1000 clutch isnt working

939 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  czmadmark 
#1 ·
So I bought a 2010 Kawasaki z1000 from a friend who told me the clutch is going out. Now i have ridden this bike a few times for a day or so at a time so I know the bike is solid. So I go to pick up the bike and the clutch is barely engaging to give the bike any power. I barely make it across town and when I get off and get back on to try and get it to my house..
I start the bike
Pull clutch lever
Drop into first (N) green light goes off
At this point if I were to release the clutch lever without any throttle the motorcycle should cut off. It doesn't. It just keeps idling... the engine sounds great, I can shift through all gears ⚙ but the clutch is just ruined I guess. So I ordered some parts online I hope my mechanic can fix it. Any suggestions are welcome 🙏
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

See less See more
#8 ·
They may be fine. If they're blued, it's an indication that they've taken a lot of heat. Too much heat and they can warp but it's not automatic. You can use a mirror or piece of glass to see if they're warped. Put them flat on the glass one at a time and if they rock back & forth, they're warped. Flip them over and check both sides.

If they're warped, there's a good chance they'll toast your new clutch discs.

#13 ·
So the clutch steels are bad, I can get them over night but the bike is at the shop and the mechanic told me he didn't count the number of steels. I hope you guys know the answer and any help would be greatly appreciated because they sell them in singles ao i could order 8 or 9 but id like to be sure🙏

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.