Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this. Got my firt motorcycle, 05 zx6r. Most people say I shouldhave started smaller :s but I'm doing alright, taking it easy, getting used to it. neways, already stored for winter and started working on it.

did my brakes EBC pads, and also did headlight mod cause one low beam and one high beam just pisses me off lol, so put some mtecs wile I was at it and some green LEDs up in the corners.

got a power commanderon the way and also flush mount corners. in a few months I'll be getting a Yoshimura RS5 full system.

I'm used to working on my own car, so tryingto learn as much as I can. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
love the bike, the full system is worth the money get a slip on and a power commader and a custom map and take the extra money you have left and get brakelines, levers and so on

full sytem is 1200-1600 dollars makes 3 more hp
slip on is 450
commander is 260
custom map 200-300 and the slip on will make as much power as the full with the map.
the extra 300-600 you can get a brakelines, puig double bubble, rear set and so on, just my .2 cents

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the coments, and had no idea tat a slipon with custom map would be just as good. will defenetly look into it. thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
please do mobius, there are tons of ppl that back me in that thought, i will show you a link brb

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey alor14582, thanks alot, now I can get a full RS5 system for $790 US, and picked up a commander for $270 US, all new stuff, that's y I was concidering going full system, but if I can find a slipon for alot less then defenetly I will give it a try, what do you think?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Here is MHO.

Gut the cat out of the stock header, and put a slip on on. Get a good shop to dyno tune the PC. Also get a K&N air filter or similar brand. You can get some good power out of the 636.

Good choice in color too. [:M10]

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also, if you go full system, is loading up the appropriet map from powercommander.com good enough? or should you take it in for tuning.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i started on a 6....rode it for 4 months and moved up to a 1000. 6 years later still on a 1000. never looked back. I learned alot on a 6 and am sure u will too. Just go at your own pace and remember your limits and dont go over them for fucking nuttin in the world. soon as u do, you'll pay for it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582
love the bike, the full system is worth the money get a slip on and a power commader and a custom map and take the extra money you have left and get brakelines, levers and so on

full sytem is 1200-1600 dollars makes 3 more hp
slip on is 450
commander is 260
custom map 200-300 and the slip on will make as much power as the full with the map.
the extra 300-600 you can get a brakelines, puig double bubble, rear set and so on, just my .2 cents
[:+1] Great advice on what to do but seeing how it is your first bike (dont know your history dirt bikes b4?) but maybe you should get used to the bike before you all all that power, you will appreciate it more!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the advice guys, and no history with bikes, just took the ride safe course, and picked up the bike 2 days later :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey man. Congrats on the buy and keep it shiny side up.

That being said, Fuelmoto.com i believe has a bundle package of a Yoshi RS5 slipon, KN filter AND PCIII for about 5oo bucks shipped. I've seen cheaper, but it'll save you shipping costs.

As far as maps go, one you download from Dynojet's websites will do, but for maximum gains, you're going to want to have it custom tuned. Its a complete upgrade.

As a first bike, I'd suggest making yourself faster, as the bike is only as fast as its rider. Do your aesthetic upgrades, SS Brakelines, get your suspension dialed in properly... and with the money left over, hit the track.

Ride at your own pace and keep it safe. Ride on.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh yeah, defenetly investing in rider skill starting next summer, and thanks for the fuelmoto.com info

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
3 months and had to put it away cause it's cold here already :(
that's y when I bring it back out I wanna start taking it to the track to gain experience

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.