Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I cant wait to install this little guy. Advanced timing and premium fuel here I come. The tune that came from Dynojet adds 6 degrees of timming at 100% throttle from like 5k to 11k. I was talking to one of the researchers there about it and they said they were making power as high as 10 degrees of timing. Ill write up a review once i get it all setup. Right now besides this my bike is 100% stock

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let us know how you make out. It kind of upset me they just released this a month after I bought my PCV lol.
ahh thats such a bummer. Ive been waiting for this for like a year now, emailing dynojet about once a month looking for updates.

·
Registered
35 Posts
too bad its only at 100% throttle, at high RPM's... who rides at 100% all the time... i'd want more power at 3000 to 6000 RPM's, at 30% to 80% throttle... where i ride...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
too bad its only at 100% throttle, at high RPM's... who rides at 100% all the time... i'd want more power at 3000 to 6000 RPM's, at 30% to 80% throttle... where i ride...
Thats just the stock tune. I can add more timing for other individual throttle positions. Also, i will have more power and 3,000 to 6,000 RPMs, i can adjust timing all the way down to like 1,000 RPMs. i think you are mixing up Engine RPMS and Throttle percentage.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i might be captain obvious here but did they release a new(and hopefully improved) version of PCV? or what is all the fuss about?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they did for the 2009+ Ninja 650R, it allows for timing control and fuel tables with just a PCV. You need to purchase if directly from Dynojet though, its not on the website yet either. Product number 17-030.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Let us know how you make out. It kind of upset me they just released this a month after I bought my PCV lol.
I didn't know you had a PCV on your bike. Sweet!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what the map for the ignition module looks like from the tune they included, I am pretty sure I would be safe to increase the timing a bit more from what they said about being able to make HP up to 10 degrees of timing advancement, which is a good amount of timing to add over stock. Hopefully I will get it installed tomorrow and start playing around.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its raining all weekend, so not sure if ill be able to put it on since i live in an apartment. In the mean time I ordered a two brothers exhaust to compliment it. Indysuperbikes appears to be offering free shipping on the two brothers bikes, as the price didnt change after i updated my shipping information. 331.95 shipped.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I just ordered the (older) PCV from ninja650shop yesterday:(
I read this thread last night and I was obviously a little disturbed to find out about the new version. I received an email this morning informing me that they (ninja650shop) wouldn't have the PCV for 5-10 days. I called them and asked them to change their order to item #17-030 from Dynojet. The guy on the the phone was very nice and said when they place their order next Tuesday that they would do whatever it takes to get me the part that I want. So I will get the new PCV but it might take a while. Thanks jayson for posting this info!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I didn't know you had a PCV on your bike. Sweet!
There is your short term memory again. :Laughing rolling: I know we had a conversation of this lol.

ahh thats such a bummer. Ive been waiting for this for like a year now, emailing dynojet about once a month looking for updates.
Yeah I guess I missed the boat. DJ should offer a 'buy back, or trade in' program for older versions. For example in the import world, Cobb tuning does it for their customers when they release an updated hardware module. They buy back the older version at less than what you would have purchaced it for but usually more than selling it outright on ebay or CL. I fired off an email to DJ to see what they have to say about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dynojet has updated their website with the new model number. Mine is ordered and on the way! -jayson-, let me know what you think after you get yours installed so I know what to look forward to.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice, at the rate i am going you might have it installed before me. My pipe wont be here till thursday and its supposed to rain thursday and friday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just an FYI, DJ told me to get bent but at least they were semi-nice about it. For those getting the new model, enjoy!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Two Brothers exhaust came yesterday, Im putting them both on saturday morning.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts