Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a camera mount off of Ebay and this is some of the video from the first test. The camera is a Canon ZR60 miniDV format.
The bike is my Hayabusa. All of the screws stayed tight, and the wind filter worked well.
I am going to experiment with different zoom levels, this was full wide angle. There is another copy in my YouTube videos with no music track.
Let me know what you think. Yes I know I was speeding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9Vjglac_k

Reactions: J_Fuggin_T

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
looks good man, where was that at btw (i see youre in st charles), im always lookin for new places to ride

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was 364, I got on at Muegge and off at Bennington.

Are you from St Charles too?

I usually head down 94 sometimes to Jefferson City. We should hook up sometime when the temp gets back under 100.:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
how is the wind filtered?
whenever i film over 80mph all i can hear is too much wind so that it masks the exhaust tone.
i have even used an external mic under the rear seat and the wind still is louder than the exhaust.

where would be the best place to put a mic?
cheers
al

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Looks good, but I would try pulling the zoom out just a bit to get more roadway and a little broader feel for the ride.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That was 364, I got on at Muegge and off at Bennington.

Are you from St Charles too?

I usually head down 94 sometimes to Jefferson City. We should hook up sometime when the temp gets back under 100.:D
im from st louis, but i like to get around to places i don't go to too often

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how is the wind filtered?
whenever i film over 80mph all i can hear is too much wind so that it masks the exhaust tone.
i have even used an external mic under the rear seat and the wind still is louder than the exhaust.

where would be the best place to put a mic?
cheers
al
The camera I use has a feature called "Wind Screen."
If you dont have someting like that on your camera you might try taping some foam over the mic.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, but I would try pulling the zoom out just a bit to get more roadway and a little broader feel for the ride.

I am already zoomed out as far as the lens will go.
I think I will try to zoom in as far as it will go and see what it looks like.
This is kind of fun, and since I am just getting started I have a lot of trial and error to go through.

Thanks for replying

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Video coming down tonight.
Thanks for the comments, I will post more in the future.
It seems that the local Leo's monitor YouTube, or so says my local Leo next door neighbor.:eek:

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
looks good, & man its fun to watch the speedo climb that fast :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts