Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah i haven't tried stand ups yet.. do you stand up as your bring the wheel up or after its off the ground? i'm in first gear in those pics cuz it doesn't require as much speed since my camera sucks

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I usually ham it up and then stand up, but you can do it whatever way you like!

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
HEY BS!...:D nice wheelies. what kind of flush mounts u got on the front???

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
those look sweet! you look comfortable doing them.
hey tommyboynjataol, that was my thought also. I love the way that bike looks!

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
303 Posts
i was in first gear in those pics i dont know my exact speed... i'll guess between 25-35 mph... yeah i dont find anything hard about doin first gear wheelies... my problem is consistently shifting to second... i'm still learning but getting better..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by bs121583

i was in first gear in those pics i dont know my exact speed... i'll guess between 25-35 mph... yeah i dont find anything hard about doin first gear wheelies... my problem is consistently shifting to second... i'm still learning but getting better..
I have the same thing going on, nice 1st gear wheelies.
Still, the times when I actually manage to clutch it decently and ride it out in second, that feels a lot nicer.
Atleast if I was in your shoes I'd rather try to clutch it in second and feel how the bike behaves in second gear wheelies. And possibly after that start trying to switch gears.

-Creep-
03 636

·
Registered
303 Posts
i have rode many second gear wheelies but i'm just not consistant when shifting... i also have a hard time getting the bike up in second... when i try to clutch it up in second the wheel doesn't come up far enough to ride it...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by bs121583

i have rode many second gear wheelies but i'm just not consistant when shifting... i also have a hard time getting the bike up in second... when i try to clutch it up in second the wheel doesn't come up far enough to ride it...
Then you need to give it more gas before releasing the clutch :)
Practise practise :D Atleast for me :)

-Creep-
03 636

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.