Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't posted here in a while, and I've installed several upgrades to share with you. Some of them include: a complete 2006 636 front end, 2005 zx10r wheels/brakes, SpeedKing fully adjustable rearsets, custom one-of-a-kind intake setup, one-off overflow bottle, etc... Now, to the videos. The first one is my bike on the scales after I finished it. It was full of gas at the time, and is only missing the front fender. The second video is one that I made last weekend. Wanted to have a little fun, thought I'de atleast get it on film. Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
First vid...well I am not much to care for the weight issue so no comment.
Second vid, pretty good and the end was fucking funny, almost fell outa my chair.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Bike has lost some serious weight.

That second video was soo funny. Excellent job----------loved the intake and throttle clip!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Haha! Yeah that second video was awesome! Very nice!

·
Registered
495 Posts
that second video was awsome, i love the ending.
btw what kinda bike is that?? its in the zx10 section but looks like it has a 03 zx636 tail?? im confused.

-sean

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
that second video was awsome, i love the ending.
btw what kinda bike is that?? its in the zx10 section but looks like it has a 03 zx636 tail?? im confused.

-sean
It appears to be a Z1000 (they share the same tail light as the 03-04-zx6r) with mods mentioned from frist post: 05/06 636 front end (froks, triples, brakes,.......etc....) and 2005 ZX10 front & rear wheels.Making this look like a naked -street fightered ZX-10..............a little misleading, but I don't think - I would have found the videos if he didn't post them here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw what kinda bike is that??
-sean
First, thaks for the comments, keep em coming! Second, I figured that it would best to post it here in the zx10r section because of all the mods. It was originally a 2003 z1000 - I call it "Z-king" now though. I blew-up the stock z1000 engine, and decided to make an upgrade. I had to cut off all the stock mounts, and fabricate new ones to hold the 10r engine. Once that was done, I tossed the stock radiator in favor of one from a 636. Then, I found out that the stock suspension / brakes couldn't keep up. So I installed the front suspension upgrade, along with the 2005 zx10r wheels and brakes. All in all, its probably about 60% zx10r. It'll soon have a custom one-off swingarm to match the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
First, thaks for the comments, keep em coming! Second, I figured that it would best to post it here in the zx10r section because of all the mods. It was originally a 2003 z1000 - I call it "Z-king" now though. I blew-up the stock z1000 engine, and decided to make an upgrade. I had to cut off all the stock mounts, and fabricate new ones to hold the 10r engine. Once that was done, I tossed the stock radiator in favor of one from a 636. Then, I found out that the stock suspension / brakes couldn't keep up. So I installed the front suspension upgrade, along with the 2005 zx10r wheels and brakes. All in all, its probably about 60% zx10r. It'll soon have a custom one-off swingarm to match the rest of the bike.
DAMN!!! That's Awesome!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
ok thats deffiantly cool.
i like it!!!
-sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts