Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got it yesterday, what a difference. bike had an MRA clear screen when i got it but decided i wanted a smoked screen. guages are so much brighter with a darker screen! looks good too [^]

·
Registered
474 Posts
all double bubble for 05-06 zx6r windscreens are fugly. that sharp bend in the screen doesn't go well witht the smooth lines of the bike. yuck!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
man the shits hot looks good but it looks best when its the darkest like double smoke or whatever they call it. i give it a [:8][}:)]

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by loneprobe
looks great! Now does it make any differenece in terms of deflecting wind?
great for directing the wind over my head! the MRA was good as well but this is just slightly better for me.
SATAN - i agree but my options are limted out here, smoke wil do but i would of prefered the darker

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by keith_phan
all double bubble for 05-06 zx6r windscreens are fugly. that sharp bend in the screen doesn't go well witht the smooth lines of the bike. yuck!!!!
I like the DB look on our bikes I think it looks good.

P.S. You're fugly.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pretty sure they all offer a dark version???? mine is smaoke and is available in "dark" put haven't seen one in person.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I had a zero gravity dark smoke and just had it replaced with a Puig Smoke because it came with the screen liner. The old ZG didn't come with one until now by seeing yours of course
here is the old screen after the damage of delivery overseas[:M63]

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by MrninjaRR
I had a zero gravity dark smoke and just had it replaced with a Puig Smoke because it came with the screen liner. The old ZG didn't come with one until now by seeing yours of course
here is the old screen after the damage of delivery overseas[:M63]
no, still doesn't come with the liner. but i bitched enough at the shop until they pulled one off an MRA screen :D
according to him most people don't want them anyway????

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by keith_phan
I think it's matches good with the bike. It's kinda like the shape of the seat cowl. When I put mine on it made a diff in gauge brightness and wind deflection.You know how your bike sounds cause it's the same every time you ride. For the 1st couple of days after I put the DB on I thought something was going wrong with my bike bcuz the DB causes a diff wind sound. I laughed about it after I realized what it was.

·
Registered
439 Posts
anth

is it less windy when you are sitting up?

or is it more of a better wind protection while laying on the tank?

thanks, man

·
Registered
916 Posts
Having a DB, its less wind at say around 80-85mph, when with the stock you felt the push at like 70.

·
Registered
439 Posts
thanks for the info MrninjaRR
and by the way I love seeing onion booty's like you got in your avitar

OB REPRESENT

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by JavaJoe
anth

is it less windy when you are sitting up?

or is it more of a better wind protection while laying on the tank?

thanks, man
better in a standard riding position compared to the stock screen. a db screen is an essential mod!
anth

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
looks good! I got a Puig dark smoke and it made a world of difference in both appearance and wind deflection. The stock screen is retarded small.. you know?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.