Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the bike 3 days ago. Its an 06 zx6r. This is my first street bike. I absolutely love this thing!
I wanted to know about break in....
I come from the automotive field and I know how BS break in's are with cars, but how about bikes? Do I really need to do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I would mainly for piece of mind. Kawasaki recommends it so I'd stick to it or as close as I could. My mentality was to use the break-in for me to get used to the bike and how it acts, then open it up afterwards when comfortable with it.

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
I would mainly for piece of mind. Kawasaki recommends it so I'd stick to it or as close as I could. My mentality was to use the break-in for me to get used to the bike and how it acts, then open it up afterwards when comfortable with it.
+1

the break in period seriously helped me get used to the bike and overall riding. it was my first bike EVER and i learned to ride on it.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Break it in as Kawasaki tells you. I think that they would know more about the bike(s) than anyone on this or any other forum. Also, I wouldn't believe people just because they "know a mechanic, and this is what he said". Just my $0.02

--David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.