Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up every one, so i bought a 2006 zx6rr two weeks ago i put on a leo vienc carbon fiber exhuast and a elimator kit. Im waiting my tail light to come in as well. But my questio is when i put the exhuast on my FI light came on. I was told to get a power commander to get rid of the light. what is your guys thought on this? There is also some pics of the bike as well.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow... are you gonna get it lowered so you can flat foot it or are you just gonna wait to grow? j/k[:p] Cute pic.

Not sure off the top of my head, but I know there have been a lot of dicussions about the FI light, but I have a different bike so I can't really help. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find something.
Welcome to the forum. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Most aftermarket exhaust has an FI light fix. A PCIII will not get rid of the FI light. It is a fuel injection adjustment unit that plugs inline with the bikes stock ECU. If your exhuast doens't come with a FI light fix, search this site. I remember reading about some guy making his own. If not, I'm sure you can just buy the FI light fix. Good luck.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
Most aftermarket exhaust has an FI light fix. A PCIII will not get rid of the FI light. It is a fuel injection adjustment unit that plugs inline with the bikes stock ECU. If your exhuast doens't come with a FI light fix, search this site. I remember reading about some guy making his own. If not, I'm sure you can just buy the FI light fix. Good luck.
[:++1] your aftermarket pipe should have come with a light fix. a pc will difinatly not fix that!!! search the site !!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Might want to contact Leo vince.. however, I don't think the FI fix comes with their exhaust.

Maybe check with solomotoparts or Advanced Kawasaki and see if either of them are able to help you find a solution.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed it i took it apart and then turned the key a couple of times then put it back on then turned the key and knoe more light. thank god cuz that was really starting to piss me off lol[:Repost]

·
Registered
21 Posts
man, any time you upgrade exhaust, im pretty sure you need some type of powercommander, thats the first thing i would do, and anywhere that sells exhaust that ive seen suggests a powercommander for aftermarket exhaust. also wanted to say HELL OF A BIKE TO PICK. thats what im shoting for after i get out of school. so much going for it... aerodynamics are best of any kawi produced yet, adjustable rear shock, gp swingarm, centralized gas tank.... sorry, you probably know all this.[:p]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.