Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike and I picked up an 08 zx-6r se and im 5'4 and having a hard time getting off the bike so im going to lower it a little. So I ordered some links for the back but havent figured out how to lower the front so it will look even. theres a spring on a shock that looks like a coilover if i adjust that will it lower the bike?? or is that for something else. im not really gona do much upgrades as far as performance till i get used to the bike but i would like to know what would be some of the first few things to purchase as far sliders and swingarm spools and such.

any help would b nice i plan on being on this site for a long time going threw the forums for ideas

·
Registered
186 Posts
As far as lowering goes, I don't know much about that. I do know that there have been quite a few guys who have their bike lowered (and yes they have done the front too) so Im sure one of them wil chime in soon enough with some advice. But as far as the first few things you should do...definitely some frame sliders. Especially if you're short, theres a good chance you'll drop the bike (not to be a dick), but it's just reality.

Oh, and make sure you've got all your gear too (gotta protect #1). Welcome to the forum and ride safe!

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
You shove the forks up through the triple trees. But it's not the greatest idea to lower the bike.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I forgot to mention this, but you could always look into getting your seat shaved instead of lowering it. I think there's actually a how-to on that, use the search function and you might find something...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I forgot to mention this, but you could always look into getting your seat shaved instead of lowering it. I think there's actually a how-to on that, use the search function and you might find something...
These bikes dont need a harder seat lol. For the front you can either poke the forks up through the triple trees or you can use lowering straps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What up dood am 5'2 and when i first got my bike i wanted to lower it too but then everyone was saying it would mess up the handling on the bike so i left it alone it just takes a while to get use to it. just need to learn how to tippy toe and when to plant your foot down

thanks but when i try to get off my leg hit the back end of the bike and it almost fell so im gona lower it. its not my daily driver so i can get used to it thanks thou

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so when the links get in take the bike to suspension shop and get it set to my weight and buy some gear and some sliders......another question would it be cheaper to chrome the bike out or get it polished??

·
Registered
120 Posts
probably polished. But I personally love the look of the black frame. You said you got an 08 se, that's the black with red wheels and forks correct? I have an 07 silver on red and I may be an inche taller than you at best. I could stand for mine to be lowered as well but I just think about how well it handles and can't stand the thought of messin with that. And if you already have the red wheels and forks why not just put red anodized on it rather than chrome. That looks a million times better in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.