Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Jon. I live in North West IN. I plan on getting a new ZX-6R for my first bike.( I do have my permit though)I know it seems extreme, but I have been riding for 2 years with a friend of mine on a Ducati Monster 750. He rides a Ducai 900 SS, both are his bikes. However, before I purchase my new bike I plan on taking the MSF cousre. And of course all the necessary gear.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome. Just take some time getting used to the new one, the power delivery is gonna be completely different from the Monster and SS. What color are you getting?

Have fun and ride safe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, unfortunatly I will have to wait until spring or maybe even next summer to get my bike. Weather really sucks right now.[|)] Only about 30 degrees right now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thats no fun. I live in Cali so its about 70 here right now I guess(sorry just a little brag). I don't think it ever gets that cold here. We can pretty much ride all year round except when we get some rain and the every 20 years we get snow lol.

It might help to get some books and read a couple I have read that are good are proficient motorcycling by david hough and Motorcycling excellence (not sure of author) Though to me it seems proficient motorcycling is geared to a more experienced rider than I lol.

have a great one and ride safe
deedee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All Green! Deedee you sure are lucky. I used to live in Fort Myers, but I had to move for work. Also thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Maybe that should be my next book as I seem to have a problem giving her enough gas when I first start out [8D]

have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Welcome aboard! Good luck getting that bike..

BTW, this board is very addicting. Hang in there, and seek help in advance. [8D]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This board is very addicting. I'm checking it every few minutes to see new posts. Also, don't let the title of the Keith Code book fool you. It has great info on taking turns and racing lines. Which also tranlates into safely turning on the road.

·
Registered
875 Posts
+1 on Twist of the Wrist. Just about done with it myself. Also Sport Riding Techniques and Total Control are good too.

And yes, this board is very addicting

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Mad Mike
+1 on Twist of the Wrist. Just about done with it myself. Also Sport Riding Techniques and Total Control are good too.

And yes, this board is very addicting
Where did you get these other books from? I actually got "Twist of the Wrist" from an issue of Fastbikes. A great bonus!:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got them form barnes and noble and waldens bookstore. You can find them on aazon too.

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks!!!! I know I will after i get use to their bike after riding mine hahaha..

Have a great one and ride safe
Deedee

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
j-nims, welcome to the site. be sure to get in touch with me when the weather warms up and we'll go for a ride since i'm close by.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by crjbeez
j-nims, welcome to the site. be sure to get in touch with me when the weather warms up and we'll go for a ride since i'm close by.
Definately, I will let you know as soon as I get it! Of course all is contingent on the little lady.[:I]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.