Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got referred here by the nice folks at cycle forums.

I just recently picked up a 636 and looking for a good slip-on. I've heard the 636's respond well to a full system, but for now I'm just looking for a can that does well and not TOO loud. I do lots of street riding and track days when I can.

Also, I want the best steering damper for the 636. Scotts or Ohlins?

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
welcome to the board! try doing a search on exhausts. you'll find a ton of information on probably every exhaust in the universe. i hate you live that close to deal's gap.[:p]

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you ask ten people their favorite exhaust, you'll get about eight different answers.

With that said, I have a Two Brothers C2 titanium slip-on and love it. Not too loud. Low and throaty at idle, but it absolutely howls at higher rpm's. Idle is still smooth, and power is smooth thru the entire powerband without a PCIII.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I also have the 2Bros (carbon fiber) and love it. Like jlamb30 mentioned, so many different answers for different reasons. Best thing to do is hear them for yourself. I know it's hard to do, I've tried.

Oh, and welcome aboard:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have an AKRA Carbon Fiber Slip-on. VERY VERY VERY happy with it. I had a yosh Rs-3 until I laid the bike down. Then I couldn't make up my mind between muzzy and akra..Until I put the Akra on. I'm still in love...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by kronk
welcome to the board! try doing a search on exhausts. you'll find a ton of information on probably every exhaust in the universe. i hate you live that close to deal's gap.[:p]
How close is Asheville to the Gap? I can make the overlook in just under an hour:D

·
Registered
278 Posts
slip on wise i heard micro is the way to go, but full system i have an akrapovic and arata, both really great systems if you have 1200

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok here is my 2 cents, go for the scotts damper($400) and yosh pipe($400). If you wanna spend more on the pipe than go for Akrapovic.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'll take Dan Kyles word for the Ohlins Damper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.