Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saying hello! Bought my first bike and got a killer deal on a left over 09 ZX-6R.
Learning to ride with with my buddies who have many years experience, but all ride gixxers. lone kawi in the pack.

Was a bit nervous about getting a new 600 for my first bike but am not going at it alone and learning from guys who know their stuff. First thing they told me was never ride outside my ability. The second thing they told me, get signed up for some track days.

One thing I have noticed, is that it seems to be a bit more difficult to find parts for the newer zx6r compared to my friends gixxers. any suggestions on places that are good kawi parts dealers on the web?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MSF!!!!! You can deal with track days later, first focus on learning the basics.
Oh for sure. I have the MSF course before I even do track day. The track that I am going to has a beginner class that you spend half the day in the classroom learning. I think this is the case with most places you go, or so I've been told.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Definitely test your limits slowly. The Kawi is a pretty powerful bike for a beginner but it surely can be learned on. I learned on a 600 and I was only 150 pounds so it was alot of bike for little me but I've alive and never had an accident (knock on wood). Going on 2 years of riding now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say I am a cautious personality to begin with, so not pushing myself to fast or too soon will hopefully not be a problem. With that said I have seen a lot of negativity towards guys who start on something larger than a 250 and for good reason.
I just hope guys on here will offer words of encouragement and good advice rather than flame me immediately for starting out on something that will take me a while to master.

With the help of the experienced riders I ride with I hope to avoid the label of squid.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
welcome to kf
your "gixxer friends" let you buy a new 600 for your first bike.....what?!
it can be done, i learned on a old 600

1 - 7 of 7 Posts