Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2000 a couple of weeks ago. This is my first bike and I absolutely love this thing! No real mods yet, just a fender eliminator. However, I ordered a Lockhart Phillips carbon fiber rear fender, and I'll be damned if the thing doesn't even come close to fitting. The holes don't even line up where the stock chain guard holes are. Did they send me the wrong one? Anyone out there have experience with this? The part number on the bag was right, but maybe they put the wrong part in the bag? I thought that maybe it was a generic fit, which would suck considering the price of this thing, but as hard as I tried there is no freakin' way this thing will fit my bike. Anyway, I am glad I found this board!

·
Registered
695 Posts
why do people remove the stickers? Is it not cool to have stickers that say "Ninja" or ZX-6R? I'm old and out of the cool think loop. Fill me in...

I like having all my ninja stickers...maybe I'm just a nerd. =(

If I lose, then you cheated.

·
Registered
778 Posts
quote:
why do people remove the stickers? Is it not cool to have stickers that say "Ninja" or ZX-6R?
Well in his case, I don't see how PINK and PURPLE go with green and black..

I removed mine the first week I had it... Kawasaki loves PINK for some reason...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I removed the stickers
1. because like localbar said the pink just doesn't go with the rest of the bike.
2. I didn't like the white and black stripes (gives it a cl;eaner look)
3. People stopping to ask what kind of bike is it (good conversation started ie. hottie love it), and for those who recognize it they confuse it with the 9R because most people don't know the 6 comes in blue.
4. Goo gone can get ya really high if used in an improperly ventalated area. UMMMMMM stars!!!!!

We be ridin' Ninja 600's never Harleys kid

·
Registered
322 Posts
Goo gone huh? I'll have to close up my garage and give it a try....

Anyhow, removing the stickers reduces weight and drag.

Diirk
99 Green ZX6R
Soon to be extra light and highly aerodynamic...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much all of the above. I thought the pink/purple was pretty awfull and although I love the bike, I think the "Ninja" name is so 80's. If I had it my way, they wouldn't have any of the goofy graffics and would be a solid color. By the looks of some of the bikes here, solid colors are available from time to time. I have considered having a local paint shop paint it for me, but the first thing I think of when I see a bike that isn't stock colors is CRASH!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.