Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks micty, I've checked that site out a while back. I guess kind of what I was looking for is what riders that use this site have done in the past and look back and say...what a dumb ass I was for doing that. No matter what the situation was...You know, first hand experiences.

"The Famous Mr. Ed"

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Here are some hints I can give....

1. never put your kickstand down on a hot parking lot...it can sink. Use a smashed soda can or something to prevent it from sinking

2. When comming to a stop/parking on very loose gravel, stones, ice, sand or anything extremely slick use your rear brake to slow you down. Kinda like you would on a dirt bike to regular bike. You'd be surprised at how many people try and park their bike on slick services dump it becasue they lock up their front brake at the last minute and forget to release it.

3. read this book....http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1889540692/qid=1054756228/

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks Andy...I've noticed where you are from. It's pretty hilly up there. Good riding up there huh? I don't know if you have ever been down here, but Texas is so flat. It's too damn hot for asphault, it would melt away in one day. Points well taken about paying attention to the surfaces your riding on...

"The Famous Mr. Ed"

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hello...Hello...Hello... I'm sure after the MSF class I take in 2 weeks, I will probably get all the answers to these questions, but here I go anyway. Is there any truth to dumping a bike (esp. for newbies) in slow turns due to letting off the throttle? I read the article about leaning etc., but still unclear about it. Is it better to lean then turn? I am just looking for "stupid" stuff I should avoid. I hear all these stories od people not paying attention etc. I know that riding takes concentration, and sometimes people take their abilities for granted from time to time. I will be getting my 03 636 in a few weeks (1st sport bike). As mentioned in a previous post, I am converting from riding motocross bikes. I don't plan on racing, just want to go out and enjoy the scenary in a safe manner (until I get good enough of course). Since I am in Texas, there are 9 months out of the year to ride...Lucky me, Huh?

Any info is much appreciated...Thanks!

"The Famous Mr. Ed"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.