Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

New here from Utah. I'm 19 and want to get into racing. Just looking for some input on the lifestyle.

Thanks

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
:welcome:

First off, it's expensive.
Second off, it's expensive.
Third off, it's expensive.

I'm not even fast or racing (just doing trackdays) and they are expensive.
You're going to need to do trackdays to get good enough to "race" and that assumes you even have it in you.

ride safe, wear your gear, have fun

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:welcome:

First off, it's expensive.
Second off, it's expensive.
Third off, it's expensive.

I'm not even fast or racing (just doing trackdays) and they are expensive.
You're going to need to do trackdays to get good enough to "race" and that assumes you even have it in you.

ride safe, wear your gear, have fun
My parents are both retired Microsoft engineers so money is no object. The only thing I am really worried about with getting into racing at this point is that my helmet will mess up my hair. Do you know of any "helmet mod" like they have on gixxer forums?

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
My parents are both retired Microsoft engineers so money is no object. The only thing I am really worried about with getting into racing at this point is that my helmet will mess up my hair. Do you know of any "helmet mod" like they have on gixxer forums?

theres a liner in there made of something called expanded polystyrene. EPS for short. if you remove all the eps from the top of the helmet should fit your pompadour.

worst case, take a small dremel tool or pneumatic 3" cutoff wheel and cut the top off. the helmet will still be strong enough to protect you in a crash.. but you'll probably only get one crash out of it instead of 20 or 30 like normal.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
i would suggest starting off small with 250 racing, even that is super competitive. Starting at the 599 class is very very very hard

do you ride even?

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres a liner in there made of something called expanded polystyrene. EPS for short. if you remove all the eps from the top of the helmet should fit your pompadour.

worst case, take a small dremel tool or pneumatic 3" cutoff wheel and cut the top off. the helmet will still be strong enough to protect you in a crash.. but you'll probably only get one crash out of it instead of 20 or 30 like normal.

Thanks for the excellent write-up!

i would suggest starting off small with 250 racing, even that is super competitive. Starting at the 599 class is very very very hard

do you ride even?
Yeah I ride 1000's but they don't have a racing class in my area for Concours.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Yeah I ride 1000's but they don't have a racing class in my area for Concours.
concours are touring bikes :p

like i said start out on a 250 and work your way up, my buddy started racing 250s 3 years ago and hes still not the best! Racing isnt "easy" but 250s the best route to go

·
13,060 Posts

·
13,060 Posts
WTH man, I came here to learn. Is this how you treat new members? How did people treat you when you didn't know much about bikes? Is this a prank you play on new folks like a hazing?

:(
No your comments make you seem like you're either

A) a troll
B) really stupid in general

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts