Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude, you're doing the right thing. Trackdays have groups designed especially for you. It's usually called the "c" group or beginners group. Most people who put on the track days have instructors who ride with the groups and provide pointers and help you get closer to the ground and go faster throughout the day. It's the best learning experience you'll have on a motorcycle. And whatever you learn will miraculously transfer to the street. Funny how that happens!

Anyway, my very first trackday was in the beginners group (they usually require that if it's your first trackday). My buddy and I went because we were riding way too fast through the twisties. Between getting pulled over and scaring ourselves, we decided it was time to get on a track. The beginner group started very slow and progressively got faster. In the middle of the day, we were flying past most riders in our group. The people in charge allowed us to move up to the intermediate group.

Do a search on the net for trackdays in your area. Also, check out trackday.com. They have some good info too. Have fun. That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
206 Posts
how do i go about getting in on a track day for super newbies? I have never been on a closed course and want to try it out, but i do not want to ride with pro's cause then i'll feel like i'm just getting in the way of everybody else.

I'm in Long Island New York if anybody knows of any tracks i can join

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.