Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>:)
a ninja 250 with a 500cc ? the hell is this guy talking about right? well you read it right!
I got an 08 250 with a 05 ex500 engine.
Thought I could join the society and finally post up a proper build thread .

It has been my longterm goal to do this build and its finally done and almost running
(waiting on a set of carbs from sudco)

I can't wait to break the ice on this topic and for all of those
who doubted this build and said it can never be done...

I'm from Washington state and will be doing a lot of adventure rides this year if anyones in the area chime in !

-skrrrt

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Welcome...........I too make fun stuff. Built a 89 300 Kawaskai Bayou with a big bore 2000 zx6r (636cc).....or a 2003 Zx9R with a 2004 Zx10R motor in it !

anything can be done with enough imagination and determination.!!

Show us the stuff!!

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
The almighty EX500 engine has been used in other applications other than just a different bike frame. This guy claims that he has one in his buggy. There's no reason to doubt that he doesn't, but I wish he would have got a shot of the engine in the video. It doesn't sound like a 500 engine, but who knows what he has done to the exhaust, or any other modifications as far as that goes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=FUmf6G6DE6w

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well said!

And welcome :cheers:
Welcome...........I too make fun stuff. Built a 89 300 Kawaskai Bayou with a big bore 2000 zx6r (636cc).....or a 2003 Zx9R with a 2004 Zx10R motor in it !

anything can be done with enough imagination and determination.!!

Show us the stuff!!
A 500 in a 250 :surprise: .
I'll be looking forward to seeing that thread. :welcome:
Thank you for the warm welcomes !

and yes everything is possible if you put your mind to it and not listen to others negative no says !

heres some pictures of the progress I will have more pics to come I have to upload the picture to my MacBook to upload it on here. hopefully I have some time this week to do it .. im getting ready to leave out o country .

the first picture sitting stock is how I got it. then the 2nd picture is how I modded it. and the last three is how it is now. except the 500 is finally mounted just waiting on carbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Very cool conversions skrrrt and badassjake, I have very good theoretical knowledge but I am too scared too implement it even for simple maintenance stuff :eek:

So I am always glad to see topics like this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts