Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just picked up a used 2007 ZX10R with a full titanium Nasser-Beet exhaust, power commander 3 and a custom racing tune. I am looking for a map that is more street friendly. Any ideas, other than taking it to a tuner? I checked dynojet and they don’t have any maps listed for Nassert-Beet.
This bike is a beast!!
My previous bike was an 08 ZX14 that I set up as a sport tourer. Great bike too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GR. I learned sport bike throttle control on the ZX14. Although it feels like this bike has a higher power to weight and the throttle isn’t quite as smooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
“Street friendly” lol. Just stay out throttle is my suggestion. But if you de-tune the bike you will lose vital A/F ratio. With respect, why did you get a zx10 know the capabilities and what it “ street friendly”. I would swap a sprocket if you are worried about the power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I have no problem with the power of this bike. My 14 had about the same with way more torque. So much torque that I could lift the front wheel just by rolling the throttle.
I love hammering on the 10 and lifting the front wheel. Red line and 180mph is not an issue for me.
The reason for my first post is that I don’t know what the difference is, if any, between the “normal” tune for the Nassert Beet full system and a “race” tune. I thought someone on here would have the answer.
I’ll call a local tuner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. 94 is not a race gas, so since I’m not running race gas, that’s another reason to replace the race tune with a street tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts