Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it is like 10:00 at night, about 72° out and I am riding home on this long straightawy thru town. A corvette with a guy driving that was about 60 years old kept coming up on my right side. He kept looking over at me and he'd creep up on the crosswalk to get a bit of a head start and then every time the light would turn green he'd punch it.

Well, every light he'd hug the center line so he was as close to my lane as he could get.

After the fourth or fifth light and him smirking at me I finally got tired of it. Well, the light changed and I just opened it up. It was the hardest I have ever hit my bike and it wasn't even wide open, it still had plenty of room left.

Now this was a 45 zone and I beat the Vette off the line, by the time I hit 80, he was going about 60 and I was at least 10 car lengths ahead of the guy. At that point he dropped off admitting defeat. Now I don't know if we kept going if he would have caught/passed me, I have a feeling he probably would have.

I think the guy was shocked and really had no idea how fast bikes are. The other funny thing is, this old guy had a girl in the car about 22, a girl that it looked like he had to pay her to get her in his car. Looser.

Now I usually don't race and I sure don't like to race in town, so this was an exception. Stupid but satisfying.

At the next light I didn't even look the guys way. I let him pull off the line first and as he drove off he flipped me the bird. Now was that really necessary?

-Flash

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I hope that teaches you a lesson.

No matter how bad you beat an old man he'll flip you off anyway.:D

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
it don't matter how much the car costs. it still get it ass kick buy a 600:D. I like that [:M6]

·
Registered
337 Posts
I hope that teaches you a lesson.

No matter how bad you beat an old man he'll flip you off anyway.

:D:D

I'm not surprised. My boss is on his second corvette. Nothing special, it's a '92. But I've driven this one and his last one. Both times I found myself thinking, "This is nice, but I would smoke you on my bike." [:M25]

·
Registered
80 Posts
ARE YOU ON CRACK??? There is no way in hell that guy in his shitvette would ever have caught you. not in his wildest wet dreams. Your bike will take him off the line and pull car length after car length on that vet until you let off or the vette blows up.....LOL Cheers..

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah that guy would have never caught up to you. No chance...
I don't race in the cities anymore. Instead I say the following to any loser that wants a peice of the 636 speed demon.
"I wanted to buy one of those but then I decided to buy something fast"

I've said that to god knows how many Viper's and how many Corvette's. It's a car, it'll never catch up :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.