Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just picked up a ER-6N last fall, rode it home and that was it before parking it for winter. The tires are shot and I'm looking for advice....I've read a ton of reviews but I can't seem to find very consistent reviews. My mechanic wants me to get the Michelin Pilots but man I can't spend $400 on just tires then more for mounting, etc. I'm leaning towards a set of the Pirelli Angel ST's for $200, but I do see the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II, which I have on the bike do also have good reviews but wouldn't be that much cheaper than the Pilots. Also, I know I believe I heard good things about the Diablo Rosso II, which I think I could get for about $230. Or any other recommendations I'd be happy to hear.

I'm looking for a good sport touring tire, as this bike will mainly be used as a commuter (16 miles roundtrip) with both city streets and highways, and an occasional weekend ride but I'm a very conservative gal :)

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hello and welcome!

If it's mainly for commuting I would probably go with the Angel ST's. The Diablo Rosso Corsa II's are great tires as well but may not last as long for commuting (I use them on my ZX-6R for canyon carving).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much guys, I greatly appreciate the advice and hope to be back on two wheels soon :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Rosso Corsa 2's are an excellent track day tyre especially for rain or practice as Super Corsa SC1 and Superbike SC1 I use for racing are getting pricey. I use Pilot roads in my normal bikes and have fitted continentals on my sons ER650F

1 - 6 of 6 Posts