Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a message from a friend of mine who sent me more info on the 2009 ninja 250 coming out this November. This is what he said the Kawi dude said: "talking to the kawasaki dealer today, the one that didn't bullshit me and got my bike for me just like they said, in three weeks. i was told they don't even order the 2009 bikes until september like all dealers and no 2008's since june, that ship has sailed. amazing how this bike took off & i'm glad i got mine before they became so hip."
All I gotta say is that I spent too much time on my fender on my 08 250. Now I wanna get an 09 250 bad. Real BAD! Probably will have to spend another $15 for another generic fender kit from ebay or something. Damn! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
doordie, you have an 08 250, right? and now you want an 09? Any particular reason, or am I wrong?

I've about 1800 miles on mine, and am just now considering her fully broken it. Shifts perfect, warms up fast, WOT to 10 grand is smooth, she's my machine now.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Jolly good! It's a new day so why not a SHINY NEW 2009 Ninja 250r thread. Not bad there's only 3 of these now in the FIRST page of the forum!

·
Registered
180 Posts
All I gotta say is that I spent too much time on my fender on my 08 250. Now I wanna get an 09 250 bad. Real BAD! Probably will have to spend another $15 for another generic fender kit from ebay or something. Damn! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I assume you are joking. The '09s will be the same as the '08s. Only no green and $500 more.

Tim

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yesterday I was out riding with my son. He was on his 08 Kawi 250. As we were cruising around we noticed another Kawi 250. We couldn't tell if it was an 08 or 09. Are the 09s out in Florida yet? I heard they came out already. Is it true that there will be no green for 09? I hear that the green 250s are going to be so rare that the used 08 green bikes will be worth between $7000 to $10,000 until Kawi brings the green coloUr back. I hate to be a Monday morning quarterback but I told you guys to buy green. Does the Mid-West states still have the surplus of 250? I heard they are giving discounts to try and get rid of them. Seems like they only sell 600s in the Mid-West.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh good news!
My dealer salesman took my $200 for a deposit on an 09 250 black. He said if I do it now he will give msrp price = 3499. How is it that everyone keeps on saying it will be 3999 when it's only 3499?
Answers?

·
Registered
74 Posts
dealers will say anything and do anything,,, their object is to make money, not make you happy at their expense...
So yes, 09 models will be more,,,guaranteed.. new models everyear increase in price no matter what brand of bikes it is, just business...

so he took your deposit and locked you in a sale,,pending arrival of bike. So I highly doubt he is going to give you 08 price for an 09 model, kawasaki is not doing that for him.. so that means he is going to eat $500 price increase.. I don't think so... GOOD luck..
If I were you, I would get everything in writing,,,what year, model # and OTD price..color so that when it comes to real deal,,you got proof that holds up in court.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yesterday I was out riding with my son. He was on his 08 Kawi 250. As we were cruising around we noticed another Kawi 250. We couldn't tell if it was an 08 or 09. Are the 09s out in Florida yet? I heard they came out already. Is it true that there will be no green for 09? I hear that the green 250s are going to be so rare that the used 08 green bikes will be worth between $7000 to $10,000 until Kawi brings the green coloUr back. I hate to be a Monday morning quarterback but I told you guys to buy green. Does the Mid-West states still have the surplus of 250? I heard they are giving discounts to try and get rid of them. Seems like they only sell 600s in the Mid-West.
Here in Indiana, the dealerships still have tons of '08s sitting around in the shops. Nobody wants them. We only buy liter bikes and larger up here. The 250s just can't rip through a corn field very well. I hear that they're going to just rebadge the '08s here into '09s. So there is a chance that there will be a handful of green ones around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is Awesome!
Talked to the dealer salesman this afternoon and asking him about the price increase for 09 ninja 250 and he said that if the msrp really is 3999, then he will take off $250 for it since a deal is a deal and it was his fault. So I can't wait for my 09 black 250. Got a red and green ones, both 08, one for track and the other commute. Just sold my track one but can't wailt to get a new black commuter so I can make my red one track. Loving it!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
This is Awesome!
Talked to the dealer salesman this afternoon and asking him about the price increase for 09 ninja 250 and he said that if the msrp really is 3999, then he will take off $250 for it since a deal is a deal and it was his fault. So I can't wait for my 09 black 250. Got a red and green ones, both 08, one for track and the other commute. Just sold my track one but can't wailt to get a new black commuter so I can make my red one track. Loving it!

salesman took my $200 for a deposit on an 09 250 black

got mine for msrp in may/08 - believe that? it's true man - told 'em i was coming back for a 600 the end of the summer and i did - deposit on an '09 r6 msrp
I know I'm not reading this right. You sold your 250 track bike to make your other 250 bike a 250 track bike when you buy another bike, which is also a 250. Plus you have a deposit on a 600.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love watching ENZO rolling hand grenades into the room and then watching the fun :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So if the 09 ninja 250 price is going up to 3999, then this could only mean one thing - FUEL INJECTION!!! LOL!
This must be my dream or somethin... Anywho? I am still riding my red 08 ninja 250 until I can get an 09 ninja 250 black edition! Oh yeah.

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT THE 09 NINJA 250 WILL BE FUEL INJECTION?

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.