Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll be heading to Indianapolis for the MotoGP from Toronto. But I have the following week off after the race so I was going to take the long way home. I'm going to go to Chicago, Milwauke, Green Bay, and then cross the border at Sault Ste Marie and head home. Anybody know of any nice roads along the way that I should ride?

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
not in them parts, but brown county just below indy has some killer roads, i'll be down there for that

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
On the way home try to follow the "Lake Michigan Circle Tour" as much as possible. It skirts the lake as close as possible throughout Wisconsin and goes through Milwaukee, Port Washington, Sheboygan, Manitowoc and Green Bay. My father and some Harley buddies of his took the high speed ferry from Milwaukee to Michigan than up and over the Mackinac Bridge and followed the route home to Milwaukee.

Do you plan on staying in any of the cities for a length of time or just riding till you can't anymore and finding a place to stay?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
If you were going by way of this side of the coast line, I would say M-119. It is below the bridge though, just above Harbor springs. As far as UP, its boring. Take US-2 across the bottom for some decent beaches. Otherwise there may be something in the Porcupines, but I don't know what. If you are in for Sights, stop by Taquahnemon Falls, Pictured Rocks.

If you have an extra day or so, I would saw ride the entire Lake Superior coastline.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're just going to ride until we get tired. We have to real timr fraame or destinations (other than home). So we'll have time to ride around. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.