Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Racing is, and always has been, a combination of skill, luck, and the ability to get away with cheating when the officials aren't looking. The standards are always looser for folks heroes and champions, and that's just the way it is. Hayden has publically stated that it's a done deal and he just wants to move on to the next race, which is a good strategy since a great part of racing contracts at that level are dependant on how the fans view the driver. Professional racing exists for one reason - to make money either through vehicle sales or product placements. The companies that participate in racing know this, so they'll do whatever it takes to get their driver on the podium.

Cheaters win, become legends, and all their sins are forgiven by their adoring fans. That's just the way things are. I predict if Rossi wins the championship you will never hear a peep about this from the motorcycle press ever again.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Originally posted by antimatter
I predict if Rossi wins the championship you will never hear a peep about this from the motorcycle press ever again.

Depends on how much he wins by.

Tough break for Nicky, even though I admire the hell out of Rossi, I'm defenitely pulling for him to win the championship. But, Hayden still has the lead so it's his championship to lose. Should be an interesting end of the season, can't wait.

·
Premium Member
5,830 Posts
Originally posted by antimatter
Hayden has publically stated that it's a done deal and he just wants to move on to the next race
That's the most important part of this post. It was a mistake on the officials part, but ultimately, it's going to be up to Nicky to do what he has to do to win the championship. It's better to just suck it up and move on. He's showing good sportsmanship, in my opinion.

I just hope for a good weekend for Hayden in Japan. I don't remember Rossi doing so well here last year, but I could be wrong (and I probably am :D)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm just waiting for Hayden to go out there and take the championship. Start putting himself back on the podium again instead of all this conservative 5th 6th place finishes hes getting playing it conservative. Go out there and claim it the last 3 races. Make a statement saying this is MY CHAMPIONSHIP. I think he has to do this to legitimize the championship. If it weren't for Rossi's bad luck not finishing 2 races he'd be in the lead right now. Nickey needs to prove he can beat Rossi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.