Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so over the winter I am planning on getting my Ninja 250 from trackday shape to racing shape. I am exploring rear shock options but so far have not found much. I have heard an SV shock can swap but the SV shock isn't great either. I know penske makes an awesome shock but it is just a tough pill to swallow when you are talking dropping almost half the value of the whole bike into a rear shock. Anyone have any experience or insight into this?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I did most of the mod a month that ago. I still need to make a new spacer that is slightly wider than my old one. Right now the linkage binds against the shock mount. The bike isn't running right now so I haven't been in a Hurry. Head over to ninjette.org. there is a couple good threads about it. From what I hear, its really good

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I just installed one and I'll try it out this weekend. I did need to grind on the clevis of the shock and I needed all new bolts. I needed smaller diameter bolts between the shock adn the bike, and longer bolts with spacers for the linkages so that they cleared the spring. I used nuts as spacers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts