Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first bike the other day, a 1987 250 ninja. Ran great but then today i took it out in the morning to start it and after a couple tries it wouldnt run(choke on and off) and started to make a clicking noise, waited 20 mins same thing. Came out an hour later and it started up. Now i went to show my friend the bike 3 hours later and it wont start again! this time it started clicking sooner. Ive read some of the threads and they say something about Starter solenoid? but the bike ran fine(or so i thought the other day) another thing for some reason now (could have to do with this ^) my blinkers will come on but they wont flash, it just stays lit up. Any help would be awesome, thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you have a volt meter check and make sure the bike is charging while running. It should be between 12.8-13.2V (idle) and 14.2-14.7V (when revved up). Your starting and signal problem could be result of a weak battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have a volt meter but im going to a bike shop on tuesday to get a cover, so ill bring the battery along to get it checked out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any ideas of what it could be if its not the battery? I just find it strange how it started the other day fine

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i dont have a volt meter but im going to a bike shop on tuesday to get a cover, so ill bring the battery along to get it checked out
What shop? You could always just go to canadian tire, too. they can check your battery there i think...

you dont twist the throttle for fun do you? sounds stupid but i've done it :D, you could flood the engine. Is it filled up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts