Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2161 - 2173 of 2173 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Welcome here.

The 250 Ninja is a very good first motorcycle, especially if you eventually will get a 600cc inline four and do track days.

The 250 is very light and teaches you to use high corner speed, and you need to shift it a lot so it teaches you proper racetrack shifting. It is much safer for a beginner than a 650cc twin or bigger bike with more weight and more powerful front brakes.

The negatives for a 250 is that it is not the best for a passenger, or for long trips on straight roads, and it is not the best if you weigh over 200 pounds or are well over 6 feet tall- you might need to relocate the handlebars and grips for more room.

Linked below is a top ten list for beginner bikes that I think is very good. I think it is best to start out like I did on dirt bikes until you are 16, then drive a car for 4 years, then get your first street bike, but if you are already over 16 you might decide differently :
-
-
Group
-
-

·
Registered
84 Posts
So this my Ebny250, the two red tanks, one is overflow, other is 1.5l spare fuel. I have over 140,000miles on the chassis. And I rode her to Sparta New Jersey and back to Key West Florida, 3,700+ miles in two 31.5 hr straight thru rides. I geared at 15/39 and averaged 81mph!! This is my daily rider and my lil adventure ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2161 - 2173 of 2173 Posts