Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am a noob and would like advice.

I bought a 2015 Ninja 300 with 22 000km on the clock. Bike is still looking good, drives well etc. But I have an issue with gears, what i have read is that it should have 6 gears (1x down 5x up) but I only manage to get 1x down and 4x up. When I spoke to the dealership the guy said the bike only has 5 gears and it was not made with a 6th gear???

I also battle to get it back into 1st gear every now and then when I stop at a robot. Neutral is also difficult to select.

I also feel I need to release my clutch lever about 3/4 before it gets into the friction zone.

Any advice? Thanks. Eugene from South Africa

·
Registered
6 Posts
That dude is lying to u man 1 down 5 up I have a 2013 300 so I can tell u for a fact. The clutch 3/4 the way out is how they all are i'm thinking that guy is trying to get over on u. Might want to take it back. Get ur money back go somewhere else

·
39,963 Posts
When you are coming to a stop, are you downshifting as you slow down, or are you just pulling in the clutch, rolling to a stop, then shifting back into first?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you are coming to a stop, are you downshifting as you slow down, or are you just pulling in the clutch, rolling to a stop, then shifting back into first?
Hi, the 6th gear just began engaging by itself, I did not even do a repair job. I shift down as I approach a stop, is that a problem? also I learned I don't need to use clutch for each gear if I just roll back on throttle and shift it works great, I only use clutch to pull away. Can this damage the gearbox?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That dude is lying to u man 1 down 5 up I have a 2013 300 so I can tell u for a fact. The clutch 3/4 the way out is how they all are i'm thinking that guy is trying to get over on u. Might want to take it back. Get ur money back go somewhere else
got it working, I have all 6 gears now. Thanks man

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool man no problem as far as shifting without using the clutch eh you can i just wouldn't make a habit out of it. Just make sure you are off the throttle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts