Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: See post 18 for pictures :)

Just got a call from my dealer saying they just got in (1), WHITE Ninja 300. They just unboxed it and are prepping it for sale, OTD is $6100, we do have something like a 10% tax in this area as well, included in that price, so our prices seem higher than alot of places.

I am going to go look at it tonight :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
$6100!

better take some lube with you. the rape won't hurt so bad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sadly that much mark up is normal in this area.. I wish it was like the rest of the country, I see OTD pricing on the forums for other areas and it hurts....

Edit: just got a call from another dealer.. They said they just got (2) in, OTD is $6250 and here you thought $6100 was bad lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dang. I better move stuff around again in my garage to make room. No call yet, but I'm headed over this afternoon to check and see if they are hiding one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Let us know. My dealer wants to add title, registration, inspection ($164.50), origination fee ($50) Texas sales tax 6.25% (~$295) dealer prep ($150), shipping ($600) on top of MSRP, although he has been known to drop a couple hundred off the MSRP. That would still get you to about $5850 "out the door" at my dealer. I only ever talk out the door price with dealers cause otherwise they will try to snow you and surprise you with the add-ons.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought it, went in to take a look, again asking was 6100 and i totally feel in love, they were taking to me about the price and i said no way they asked what i would pay. I knew 5500 was price of msrp plus taxes and licensing. Then again i knew that this has the new factor. I said 5800 otd. I was taking to both the owner and the sales manager. The owner started laughingand said you have any idea how fast this will sell for 6100, its only 1 of 3 in the state! I said forget it then but thanks for letting me look at it. as i started to walk away i could hear the sales manager talking to the owner and he said, this is 1 of 3 in the state and we don't know when more are coming, if word gets out we let this one go reasonable it could really help us. And then ask of a sudden the owner yells out you still want it, consider it yours. Filled out the paperwork and took it home. It was dark by the time i got home so no pics until tomorrow. But i can say this on my ride home i didn't go above 7k rpm and let me say it makes the 250 look weak, is constant power with no lag, its awesome. People can complain about the price if they want, but in my mind i got a good deal, i bought it as a commuter, so i didn't want angering bigger, but i can say it puts a way bigger smile on my face than my 250 :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bought it, went in to take a look, again asking was 6100 and i totally feel in love, they were taking to me about the price and i said no way they asked what i would pay. I knew 5500 was price of msrp plus taxes and licensing. Then again i knew that this has the new factor. I said 5800 otd. I was taking to both the owner and the sales manager. The owner started laughingand said you have any idea how fast this will sell for 6100, its only 1 of 3 in the state! I said forget it then but thanks for letting me look at it. as i started to walk away i could hear the sales manager talking to the owner and he said, this is 1 of 3 in the state and we don't know when more are coming, if word gets out we let this one go reasonable it could really help us. And then ask of a sudden the owner yells out you still want it, consider it yours. Filled out the paperwork and took it home. It was dark by the time i got home so no pics until tomorrow. But i can say this on my ride home i didn't go above 7k rpm and let me say it makes the 250 look weak, is constant power with no lag, its awesome. People can complain about the price if they want, but in my mind i got a good deal, i bought it as a commuter, so i didn't want angering bigger, but i can say it puts a way bigger smile on my face than my 250 :)
Nice one. That's my car/bike buying strategy as well. I WANT to buy a bike, they NEED to sell one; they're the ones that miss out when I walk out the door.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It happened, best I could do for now, I had to go into work this morning so I just snapped this and took off :)

The white is VERY strange, the flake in the paint gives it a different color depending on the light.. Sometimes it looks white, other times it looks gray, other times it looks like it has a blue tint to it. I really like it. Last night I was following my wife home and she had to stop at a gas station and I was getting compliments from the people around me that they loved the color :)

Worst part about it, it really makes the 09' 250 look dated parked next to it! Kawasaki really did a good job on this one!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts