Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I thought i might try re-posting this.

I find with the Ninja 400..it's a great ride, but in the summer on really hot days, the heat coming off the engine (apparently not the exhaust) makes it so warm, it's pretty unbearable on long rides.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

Thx!

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have a 400r and my friend has a 650r, there is really no difference between the 2. the only time i feel the heat is when im sitting at a light/traffic for a long time. but its not even hot, i can feel the warmth, but my riding jeans are thick.
it might just be where your legs happen to sit when riding that puts them close to the engine, who knows. i suggest using proper riding jeans that are thick and you shouldn't have issues

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The heat is more of an issue in the middle of the summer, especially this summer since it was pretty hot. I am on the bike all the time in the summer. The heat coming off the engine is now appreciated with the cooler temperatures....

I might wear jeans but I always wear riding pants - I have the Joe Rocket pants that have the mess inserts that vented to give some relief.

My husband just bought an '09 650 and said he noticed the same thing. Other forums mentioned the only way to distribute the heat is to wrap the exhaust...i don't see that happening....

·
Registered
138 Posts
its honestly just the way it is, my Fiance also took a ride and said it was hot. maybe its just a personal thing, some people may be more heat sensitive then others. my 400 is not hotter or cooler than other motorcycles that i have ridden. I can tell you this, my 400 is a lot cooler than my fathers Harley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts