Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody turned their 2012-2016 ninja 650 into a stunt machine? Mine is coming along. Got a crazy iron cage on the way but I need something for a subcage. The grom one looks like itll mostly fit if I drill new mounting points but nobody makes them because our rearsets are stupid. Anybody custom made a rear subcage or 12 o clock bar or combo of both? Need ideas. Here's a pic of our rear frames

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 15' ninja 650 last week. It came naked from previous owner, and the brake pedal is bent so I'm assuming it was dropped. But I have been racking my head so F****ng hard trying to get the same kind of answers. Only crash cage or stunt cage j can find ia that crazy iron one, Have you received and Installed it yet as well as found additional crash protection? I'm not gonna be going hard with stunting, but want to be able to pull some wheelies and some rolling burnouts. And pretty sure I'll lay it down in the learning process

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the one from crazy iron but honestly I learned the hard way the ninja 650 is not a good stunt machine. The cage looked good but I fell going 25 and somehow the bike managed to flip then land on the side. Not only did the crash cage bend (still can't decide if it was cause it sucked or my bike really fell hard cause it was a bad crash) it actually bent far enough to put a hole in my engine block. But most importantly the ninja 650 has a weak subframe and no body at all makes sub cages. Mine bent 45 degrees to the left on impact and now bike totaled. Would have been saved with a subcage forsure. Bike was sick and the crashcage cool but I wouldn't, after experience, recommend it for much more than a few slow speed wheelies

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the one from crazy iron but honestly I learned the hard way the ninja 650 is not a good stunt machine. The cage looked good but I fell going 25 and somehow the bike managed to flip then land on the side. Not only did the crash cage bend (still can't decide if it was cause it sucked or my bike really fell hard cause it was a bad crash) it actually bent far enough to put a hole in my engine block. But most importantly the ninja 650 has a weak subframe and no body at all makes sub cages. Mine bent 45 degrees to the left on impact and now bike totaled. Would have been saved with a subcage forsure. Bike was sick and the crashcage cool but I wouldn't, after experience, recommend it for much more than a few slow speed wheelies
  • Well holy shit, I'm glad you responded so soon and I decided to do some research. I didn't plan on doing anything crazy. I would like to have tried some rolling burnouts sn a couple wheelies. But after hearing all that. It just doesn't seem worth it.(still so fu*g tempted lol) I'm Still probably going to get some Sliders in case I drop the thing because I'm still learning. Then that's about it until I get my own welder and pipe bender or torch lol. Then I can build my own cages and what not. I did Fabrication and Welded structural steel for a few year so I got kind of good at it. I was thinking about getting a little piece of s and small like to play around with in the meantime Maybe. What kind of bike do you have your eyes on now next? And did you come out safe? What were you trying to do? Oh and did you already part it out or sell it lol?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts