Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Well, I am really happy with the platform (have a Versys, so it is same engine, tranny, etc.). Really, everything boils down to tiny preferences of the rider, which to me is great. Do you want a windscreen? Do you want the riding position of the 650R vs. the ER-6n vs the Versys. Which suspension do you want? Which one looks better to you?

Overall, I think this is a win-win thing. Consumers get an awesome platform in 3 solid performing variations. Kawi gets to build everything off of one platform reducing their overall cost.

Oh, and the '09 650R is sexy. May just have to trade the V in on one. The debate rages on. Sticking with the platform though. Don't need a zx6r until I can run the track.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Don't like the ER, personally.

The facelift 650 is nice though.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i don't like naked bikes at all, expect one, Brutale :D
i'd hate to clean bugs/bees out of unreacheable places...

·
Registered
162 Posts
White is sick. I don't like the blue color myself but the white is on point. Is white available only overseas or is that custom?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm getting one of those new dark green 650s next spring now that I just got a raise. The naked version is sick, but I just like full fairings more. You cant lose either way,

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
My guess is they didn't bring white since that is the last color that that the z1000 was. And I am noticing that Kawi likes to only have a single color for a new bike in the States. So in the next year or two, if the er6 does well enough, expect more colors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ER 6N Sitting position?

One of you guys brought to my attention Riding position of the 650 is different from the ER 6N?
I like the straight sitting position of the Ninja 250 and 650. Is the ER 6N a more forward sitting bike? I don’t like those.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts