Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I'm pretty pissed at Ninja650shop...

I placed a $700 order and paid an additional $125 for expedited international shipping, got an email thanking me for my order... So far so good, right?

Normally they email you again to tell you when your order has been shipped and the tracking information.

I didn't get anything, so I started emailing them asking if my order had shipped and what the tracking number was. Still nothing. So I email yet again and tell them that if they won't have the courtesy to reply that I'll have to file an item not received dispute with PayPal and report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Finally that wakes them up and they write back to say that they don't have the parts I ordered in stock and it might be another week before they do.

WTF?!

Why are they selling parts they don't have and accepting payments for expedited shipping on parts they don't have?!

And why don't they inform their customers that the parts are out of stock and let their customers know how long we might have to wait?

I try to never advertise something for sale if I don't have it IN STOCK and ready to ship. On the rare occasion when I screw up and miscount inventory and receive an order for an out-of-stock item I always email the customer immediately to apologize for the out-of-stock item and to ask them how I can fix the problem- FULL REFUND or send the item when it's back in stock along with a free gift or a discount to make up for the delay.

Well I never got so much as an apology from Ninja650shop for their terrible handling of my order. It burns me that they took my money for expedited shipping for something they couldn't ship because they didn't have it. In the end they shipped my order 10 days after I paid for it. That's just bad business as far as I'm concerned.

I'm done with that shop.

Rant over! :rant: Ride On! :D

· Registered
27 Posts
There's been a few negative posts about them at riderforums over the past couple weeks. To me it seems that since they're only a 2 person operation with things to do like updating the website, doing quality control, answering phones etc. something service is going to suffer. As far as I know they both work at ducati omaha and do ninja650shop on the side and want to keep it to only 2 people.

That's the problem, they need at least one (more) person to focus their attention to taking care of ninja650shop and it's customers.

· Premium Member
1,661 Posts
There's been a few negative posts about them at riderforums over the past couple weeks. To me it seems that since they're only a 2 person operation with things to do like updating the website, doing quality control, answering phones etc. something service is going to suffer. As far as I know they both work at ducati omaha and do ninja650shop on the side and want to keep it to only 2 people.

That's the problem, they need at least one (more) person to focus their attention to taking care of ninja650shop and it's customers.
I didn't realize they are only a two person operation. I guess that might explain their inability to reply to email inquiries in a timely manner.

But it doesn't excuse them selling items they don't have in stock.

Most online shops tell you if an item is in stock or not. Ninja650shop is a rare exception; they're happy to take your money whether the item is in stock or not. I think it's a terrible business practice to take money for something they don't have.

I've ordered Sport Bars from them on a number of occasions and have been pretty surprised at how much the quality can vary from one batch to the next. They are an excellent product, but the quality control leaves something to be desired.

First set I ordered one of the bars was miss-drilled. There were tons of complaints about that on Riderforums and to their credit they did send out new bars to those who requested them. Later on there were a lot of complaints about poor quality paint and finish on sport bars. I just received a set of the V3 sport bars and they're ok, but not perfect. I'll probably strip and repaint them myself as I've done in the past to get a perfect finish.

· Registered
360 Posts
I thought Ninja650Shop was run out of Ducati Omaha and had more than 2 people?

They do seem to lack a bit in the communication department as far as I can tell but they've always been eager to correct any problem I had. I have definitely heard some pretty bad stories though.

RiderForums.com is probably a better place to get hold of them. I believe they are the Ninja 650 Forum sponsor on that site.

· Registered
27 Posts
I thought Ninja650Shop was run out of Ducati Omaha and had more than 2 people?

They do seem to lack a bit in the communication department as far as I can tell but they've always been eager to correct any problem I had. I have definitely heard some pretty bad stories though.

RiderForums.com is probably a better place to get hold of them. I believe they are the Ninja 650 Forum sponsor on that site.
I thought that I read on riderforums that though it is run out of Ducati Omaha, only Jen and Bret do 650shop.

· Registered
25 Posts
Hello all, just saw this thread after ordering from 650shop online, damn...
Oh well, can only cross fingers and hope for the best now.
I have been reading this forum for awhile now gathering info and good tips as I just purchased a 2011 650R about a month ago. Keep the good stuff coming!

· Registered
37 Posts
Never really had a problem with them. The only gripe I had is that my cowl took 6 weeks to arrive but they had told me that they didn't have my color in stock and they'd have to order it from France so I expected the wait, besides that, they've been good to me...in fact I just ordered targa mirrors from them...hope I didn't jinx myself.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Never really had a problem with them. The only gripe I had is that my cowl took 6 weeks to arrive but they had told me that they didn't have my color in stock and they'd have to order it from France so I expected the wait, besides that, they've been good to me...in fact I just ordered targa mirrors from them...hope I didn't jinx myself.
You jinxed yourself when you ordered the Targa mirrors...:(

· Registered
37 Posts
You jinxed yourself when you ordered the Targa mirrors...:(
You tried them? the stock mirrors stick out a bit 2 much for me, wanted to try some shorter ones to see how i like them...i hate having to adjust my mirrors before each ride as when i park my bike in the garage i have to fold the mirrors in so it doesn't scratch the cars.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
You tried them? the stock mirrors stick out a bit 2 much for me, wanted to try some shorter ones to see how i like them...i hate having to adjust my mirrors before each ride as when i park my bike in the garage i have to fold the mirrors in so it doesn't scratch the cars.
Well for me, they were TOO short and no matter how I adjusted them, I could not get a good view behind me. Although they did look better, I ended up putting the stock ones back on and selling them locally because they were pretty much useless. I had thought about getting the 250r mirrors to put on, but I ended up selling the bike. They may be better for you though, that was just my experience.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
My sportbars have a horrible finish! Looks like they were dipped in a can of paint and set out to dry. I thought they were nice on the phone though.
My bars were powdercoated really thick and no matter what I did, I couldnt get the right bar to go into the clamp. I called them up and they sent me another right bar and were really nice about it. But I was impatient and ended up just sanding some of the powdercoat off and fit it in that way. They also sent me the wrong color seat cowl, but then sent me the right color and gave me a small refund from my original purchase. I sympathize with them a bit because they are a small operation and every issue that I have had, they have fixed and then some. I'm willing to pay a little more for good customer service. Plus they are one of the few websites that is geared toward the 650r. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.