Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know many of the people on here are anti nitrous, if that is the case i dont need to know about it. i installed a dry kit, with a 25-30 shot. i also used a WOT and window switch so there is no chance of hitting it at the wrong time. this will help to reduce the chance of harming the engine. I changed my map but i still need to get a custom one.

so all i can say is wow, it feels very strong and smooth. it pulls VERY hard. i raced my brothers 05 R1 and for the most part it was dead even.
joe

·
Registered
520 Posts
Congrats! Nitrous is an amazing thing. Lets see some pics of your system setup. [:TTIWWOP]

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I had a buddy a couple years ago that had a 1998 GSX-R 750 (he now has a 2006 Aprilia RSVR Factory), and he installed a dual purge nitrous system on it. The purge came out of both of the side fairings and was freaking sweet. Somethin to think about [:M74]

·
Registered
520 Posts
The funny thing is that your regular purge solenoid is the same size nitrous solenoid that come in motorcycle nitrous systems.:D I've got a purge solenoid laying around and compared part numbers. So to those that want to put a dry nitrous system on their bike, buy the regular -4 AN automotive purge kit. Its going to be $40 cheaper than the motorcycle solenoid alone. Tell me how that works.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thats great man, I have nitrous on my 03 mustang and all I can say is once you spray, you never want to drive with out it!! I am glad that you posted this because i like drag racing my bike more than twisties, so this just makes me want to spary my bike now!

·
Registered
678 Posts
take that shit to the track man...lets see how it does...how many miles on your 636? i've got an 03' w/ 15k miles and was wondering if any major maintenance has been done yet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i ran 10.2 with a slip on, -1 in front, lowering links and strap. i just did the nitrous full exhaust and pc3. it is a very good time for my mods, i also had about 30 runs to get that time. mostly 10.5-10.7
joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.