Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone fitted one of these and what results did you acheive

Dry Nitrous Kit For Fuel Injected Motorcycles (1lb Nitrous Bottle)
Just imagine another 20 to 40 horsepower in just 2 hours! That’s the reality of our Dry Nitrous Kit For Fuel Injected Motorcycles. Flip the switch to activate the nitrous and turn your horn button into a horsepower button. Our kit comes complete with all wiring. Most will plug directly into your stock wire harness. The MPS Dry Nitrous Kit was designed to easily increase horsepower of a four cylinder fuel injected motorcycle. By allowing the nitrous to pass the fuel injection sensors in the air box the factory fuel injection can compensate with more fuel for small shots of nitrous. These Dry Nitrous Kits exploit that ability and yield between 20 and 40 horsepower. They are strictly for fuel injected motorcycles. The MPS Dry Nitrous Kit For Fuel Injected Motorcycles is for use in closed course competition events only and are not for use on any public street or highway.

Easy 2 Hour Installation

Stealth Starter Button Activation

1lb. Nitrous Bottle

Push In Fittings

Mounting dimensions for 1 lb. bottle: 3.25"x10" (does NOT include thickness of bracket)

3 Different Power Levels

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
mps is located just acrossed town from me, ive heard great stuff about their products, seasez636 a member of this board is running 9.33 at 143mph in the 1/4 mile with the same kit if im not mistaken? i saw the pass with my own two eyes, thats a fast 636

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
a buddy of mine put nos on his 03'636. mofo would run like a scalded dog before he put it on. 7" stretch, air shifter and he was outrunning 1000's with no problem. then he puts the nos on cause he's been giving the busa's a good run just stock. he had a pc3 on it but had to unhook it cause it wouldn't work rite with the air shifter. he started on nos with a 40 shot, moved up to a 45 shot and then a 48 shot. one summer of dragracing, blowing minds and most of the compitition on the track. now his shit is blowed. #3 piston busted to hell on the track running a busa. he crossed the line 1 bike length behind the busa with the motor locked up. dam boy can drive the hell out of a bike and that little 636 was giving others hell on the track. i'd think twice before running nos. need to have ur engine built to handle it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Originally posted by Tristan<br>yeah but you will need a power commander
Surely if you map your bike with a pcIII for nitrous, it will not run correctly when there is no nitrous left - unless there are switchable maps? [?]

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i don't see why you need a pc3 for running nos. it's just a quick shot then it's gone. i don't know of anybody using a pc just cause they're running nos.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
its best to run the pc3 because you can set up a map for nitrous that runs rich for protection and a map for no spray that runs on the lean side to make more normally aspirated power. plus the pc3 will give you the option for make adjustments for rich and lean spots throughout the rpm band, not to mention you can plot it out on you laptop or pc and see if your engine was in danger and where you can correct it. otherwise have another engine sitting in your garage because sooner or later you'll need it if your leaning that thing out.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk
i don't see why you need a pc3 for running nos. it's just a quick shot then it's gone. i don't know of anybody using a pc just cause they're running nos.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt. Ever hear of a dry kit? Do you know what lean combustion is and what it does? And that busa stuff was funny.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by chriswillis

Surely if you map your bike with a pcIII for nitrous, it will not run correctly when there is no nitrous left - unless there are switchable maps? [?]
you can get a switch and a box to toggle between two maps from dyonjet for things just like this....if you race you can set it to hit the nos as an open while the button is hot or on wot its hot so you would need more fuel period otherwise you torch your pistons and head

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I could find a nice place to store the bottle discretely i'd probably go ahead and get nitrous, I just don't want it hangin off the bike somewhere.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Originally posted by bpfeiff

you can get a switch and a box to toggle between two maps from dyonjet for things just like this....if you race you can set it to hit the nos as an open while the button is hot or on wot its hot so you would need more fuel period otherwise you torch your pistons and head
Interesting. I didn't know that! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.