Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody... can anybody give me a link to a site that sells nitrous for the 06 ZX6R???? thanks in advance:D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Originally posted by SubHuman
Ok now you wasting you time/money & our time. Simple rule to follow: " there is no replacement for displacement" those are words to live by. Buy a ZX10R or a Gixxer, R1 and be done with it. Its that simple. Its unlikely that you even need the power of the ZX6R to begin with.
hmmmmmm

--David

·
Registered
394 Posts
You missed the point 636MATON :D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Just doing my part to keep balance in the universe.

--David

636MATON--No harm meant to you. I actually want to see photos and videos of your 636 with a turbo and NOS.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,422 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits
Just doing my part to keep balance in the universe.

--David

636MATON--No harm meant to you. I actually want to see photos and videos of your 636 with a turbo and NOS.
2nd. dwillits was pointing out that subhuman had bashed you in your turbo thread about 'no replacement for displacement' and told you to 'buy a bigger bike, period' because you probably wouldn't be able to use all of the 600cc power anyway, then in your nitrous thread he talked about how he was looking into it, too, and had all sorts of useful info. Just kinda ironic, that's all.

As for your bike with turbo/nos, definately let us know how it goes. I've toyed with the idea off and on, but I like twisties too much to actually commit until I have a second bike that I can use for the track only. Plus I don't ever want to lower or extend any bike that I'll ever own, ever, and I'm afraid of what turbos and nos would do to a 636 with a standard wheelbase. [:0]

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
[:Opps1]

·
Registered
146 Posts
my nitrous is all installed, just need to fill the bottle. i love how everyone is so quick to judge and complain about buying a liter bike. simple fact is the i would say 85-90% of us do not and cannot use all the power of our bikes. so why buy a 600 why not a 500-or 250? its his bike let him do what he wants. also a 600 cost like 8k and a liter is 10-12k, plus a lot more insurance.

So to the nitrous:

here is the way i did it (i did tons of research on this)
shnitz racing kit
pc
dynotune rpm switch.
custom map

DO NOT fall into the bs about you must use a wet kit. a dry kit is perfectly fine. the rpm switch is a window switch so it will only let the nitrous flow during a certain rmp window, and this one has a built in WOT feature so it will only work at WOT. it is not recomended to go more than a 30-40 shot. 25 would be your best bet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha ok... i see the point i missed cut me some slack it was at like 2 or 3 in the morning and I obviously wasnt comprehending what he meant :D lol my bad david

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im sorry that I was such a bastard 636MATON. It was late and I was mildly trashed. I was looking into it just wondering whats possible.

·
Registered
254 Posts
with a wet system u have to worry more about intake backfires due to the extra fuel being dumped in with the nitrous...dry kit only fear is it going lean and basically eating the insides of your motor as fuel....haha.....if done correctly though both are very safe forms of nitrous...the bad wrap about nitrous is goin to blow ur motor is caused from the few people who didnt know what they were doing and blew their shit up

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by ahenson636
the bad wrap about nitrous is goin to blow ur motor is caused from the few people who didnt know what they were doing and blew their shit up
Yeh I'm that guy I mean, I know what nitrous does and I know what it is.. I just don't know what else I need for my bike ( I want to get nitrous ) and my bike is completly stock :) I went to www.zxzone.com or w/e and the kit was pretty cheap. I guess now after I buy that I will need a powercommander and some other things..

·
Registered
254 Posts
yeah def get a powercommander and colder plugs and start off with the smallest shot possible and u might want to wear a pair of depends....lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.