Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a vendor that sells No cut carbon fiber frame sliders?? or any no cut frame slider company for that matter.. and while im at it i might as well ask whats the difference in the ones that require body cutting and thos that dont, just the thickness of the slider? ? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i got my no cut from oesaccessories.com they have sliders and spools combo for $65. no cut come with an adapter to move the mounting position so you done have to cut your right fender. cut is better IMO but i didnt have the heart to cut mine its only 2 months old ill probably get some later on. but make sure you use a heavy duty impact to take the bolts out, something at least rated for 150 psi that way you get it out in 1 shot and are not messing with stripped bolts
g/l

·
Registered
110 Posts
SatoRacing.com

Best no-cut sliders for the 07-08 IMO. I have them on my bike, they look great and I trust them way more than any other no cut. The mounting bracket is beefy, high quality, and mounts at two points instead of the single-point offset bracket that the rest of the no cuts come with.

·
Registered
91 Posts
SatoRacing.com

Best no-cut sliders for the 07-08 IMO. I have them on my bike, they look great and I trust them way more than any other no cut. The mounting bracket is beefy, high quality, and mounts at two points instead of the single-point offset bracket that the rest of the no cuts come with.
Did you see this warning on the SatoRacing site?

- ATTENTION -
Sato frame sliders are made with very hard Delrin plastic. The sliders
are designed and developed for track use, and feature a level of
abrasion resistance ideally suited to protect your bike during high
speed slides. Delrin plastic, with its low coefficient of friction and
hard resilient surface, demonstrates the best performance on this situation.

Be warned though, Sato frame sliders are not bumpers. The rigid
race-optimized design means the sliders won't provide much energy
absorbtion from blunt impacts, such as a low speed or kickstand fall
over, and may even shatter if hit hard enough. Hard direct impacts on
Sato frame sliders could potentially even damage the frame or engine at
the points where they are mounted, and the rider must understand these
limitations before installation. Sato Racing is not responsible for
slider-related damage to your bike in a fall.

So are Delrin sliders only for racing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts