·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help fella's...........I really don't want to cut into
my plastics but have been hearing some mixed reviews on the no-cut
sliders.

What do you guys think? If you have some let me know where you
got them and what you paid? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx Ross

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
CUT shoguns off ebay for $48 shipped. I heard and read a lot of negative stuff about no-cuts, so I made my choice :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
You can find good and bad stories for both types. I personally, based on my own research found that it was a gamble either way really, so I decided to go with the no cut to avoid cutting into my graphics.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i just installed some motivation frame slider, swing arm sliders, and front fork sliders. the front fork sliders are gay, and unneccessary but look cool. i had to cut the plastics and it took forever to cut. i think the slider would be stronger mounted to the frame rather than extended off the frame by a 1/8 in piece of recycled can. but thats just my oppinion. happy reserchin

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with anthony636, i thought long and hard about both options, i ended up going with the cut. i did mine and my buddies bike with a dremel and a lot of time (just being careful). they both turned out really well. my concern about the no cuts, are the structural integrity of them. unless its 3/8" steel flat bar their using, even the bike falling over at a dead stop would probably bend the bracket and cause more damage and head ache than the cuts.

wfenton: i've got the SE model as well, i went with the vortex polished aluminum slides. it did remove a very little bit of the graphic but still looks good! i`ll have to get some pictures and post it up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's not that the cut is difficult, it's just time consuming but if you take your time it's easy and looks fine and you know that they are mounted securely that way.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I too did the research in this, I went with the Shogun sliders and had to cut. I used a holesaw on my drill, went really slow then took some fine grit sandpaper and cleaned up the edges. Looks fantastic, even the owner of Moto911.com said it looked great, he has an 05 636 and used the dremal, took alot longer. My wife says I am ANAL about my bike so it has to look good.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I also went with the cut Shogun sliders. Got them on ebay for $48 shipped. I also used a dremel tool. Wasn't hard at all. Looks really good. Looks stock and you cant tell it was cut. Check the how-to FAQ section for a nice write up. That helped me out a lot.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get the LSL frame sliders, great product track proven.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Everyone has thier own opinion. You can find a billion threads here and everywhere else on which is better. In the end you have to make the decision. For the most part...sliders or not...cut or no cut...if you go down, shit is gonna be fucked up on your bike no matter what.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, I have no cut sliders.I went down and they did theyr job.Probably doing about 50.Did not bend at all.Saved the fairing big time.Bought new one for the left side.Still no cut.Very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I put the LP no-cuts on mine. I realize the no-cuts are more vulnerable to damage but didn't want to get into cutting, and I like the looks of the LP better than the others.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by jamse-r
Get the LSL frame sliders, great product track proven.
LSL.........? I don't know if I have heard of them.

Thanx gang......I appreciate the quick responses and will make
my decision tonight. I'm heading to Mid-Ohio for a track day on
Sept. 25th and would like to get them asap......just in case!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with R&G sliders and it included a marking tool to help you cut the hole on the left fairing. Cutting was no big deal. You just need to be patient.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I went down with no-cut Shogun framesliders. They held up and I'm still using them. I also purchased swingarm sliders from Shogun. They SAVED my swingarm. I think those are a great investment as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
well if you get the cut sliders the best way to install is put your bike on rear stand, take side fairing off , take a lazer pointer line it up with th bolt, put fairing back on, mark it with a marker, take off fairng and drill then put to gether doing it this way gives you the perfect mark with the lazer thats how i did my zx7 and the 636 has no cuts just didnt want to cut but thinking about getting the cut sliders

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.