Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real short story for you folks...

Riding along today about 35mph in the right lane and someone one car up stops quick to turn into a gas station, without a signal of course, guy in front of me stops quick. I hit the brakes hard and end up flipping my bike. I felt the bike coming up and let off for a second, then got right back on it, the damn thing jump flipped. Oh well. There is a lot more to the story, but final tally is headlight, fairing stay, tank, upper, rear plastic, and seat cowl. As for me, I think I have a broken ankle, I will find out tomorrow.

I'm sure that some will ask why not swerve. I didn't want to swerve into the left lane for fear of being smoked by another car. I couldn't ditch it because there was a curb. Lane was very narrow and no room to go to the right of the car in front of me.

As always, I had on my full face helmet, armored leather jacket, and gauntlet gloves. No scratches on any of them. I am not that upset, just that my ankle hurts like hell. I wasn’t wearing my Sidi boots because I was actually out to buy a set of insoles for the shoes I was wearing. It could have been way worse.

Would love to post pics, but I am technologically challenged. (We don't own a digicam)

--David

P.S. For those who have them for sale, I will be very interested in purchasing track plastics for a 2003 ZX6R soon. Thank you!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
yeah i hear u today some knuckle head purposely brake hard in front of me didnt realy bother me too much im always ready for that kind of crap..just so many stpd ppl out there ..:(

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Dam bro. Let me be the first to say I completely understand.

I just started riding again after breaking my leg earlier this year. You did the right thing by not bailing, IMO. You either ride that mofo out or you are going down either way.

Hope your ankle turns out to be OK. Be sure to keep us updated.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Shit bro... that just plain out sucks. Glad you didn't come out of it worse. Too bad for your bike though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
congratulations. sounds like you just did your first endo! next time try and keep the rearwheel from going past 12 o'clock. :D

honestly, sounds like you got out of a reverse loop with minimal damage. hope you didn't fcuk ur ankle.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune

No scratches on your gear!, did you do a full flip in the air and land on your feet?

Either way you sound lucky to escape with only your ankle hurt

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
X-rays were negative. It is "only" a major sprain.

The bike flipped and stayed on its top. It is kind of funny picturing the bike now.

Now I have a badass track bike.

Thanks for the support.

--David

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by zx6r_fng
congratulations. sounds like you just did your first endo! next time try and keep the rearwheel from going past 12 o'clock. :Dquote]

FYI: Actually, I am sure that you already know this. A real "endo" is flipping the bike. The term comes from MX, I believe. When someone wrecks their bike and it flips "end-over-end" hence "endo".

--David

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ha! well, it was a successful endo then! (Im sure you already know this, but I was just joking around. making light of the situation ;) )

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Tough break, but it could have been MUCH worse, for you and the bike. Glad you wore your gear; it figures that the one time you left the Sidi's home is when you needed them most (I love mine). Heal quick...

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
X-rays were neagtive, I didn't break my ankle. Doctor said I have a "severe sprain". I feel a lot better already, but I will continue to take it easy for a while. Thanks a lot for the good words.

zx6rfng -- Yeah, I picked up on the kidding. I am glad that others can take minor spills for what they are....minor.

To all on here...Ride safe and thanks for the help and kind words.

--David

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah i hear u today some knuckle head purposely brake hard in front of me didnt realy bother me too much im always ready for that kind of crap..just so many stpd ppl out there ..
I just started riding, and am always very careful, but do people seriously do stuff like that on purpose.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Originally posted by sh0ck3r

I just started riding, and am always very careful, but do people seriously do stuff like that on purpose.
Oh yeah, that and other stuff too, They'll throw cigs out the window when your behind them, Use the windshield washer excessivly, Throw crap at you, swerve at you, ride ur ass. Do burnouts when you're behind them at a light, ect. ect.
You'll be amazed at the things some asshat cagers will do.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Originally posted by sh0ck3r

----> just anticipate everything what the cager might do like wht if a cager sudenly swerve in you lane have a escape plan all the time ..and dont stay on their blind spot and try not to ride next to them i called them death spot...just play a dodging game . be safe and take your time to get to know your bike ...have confidence on your tire..itll stick..

·
Registered
272 Posts
i've been victim to the window washer fluid plenty of times (they don't like my high beams) and i've had cigs tossed at me twice. cagers really seem to get mad when we split lanes here in california where it's legal... i guess they think we're "cutting in line" when in reality it's saving THEM time. what's better? us sitting in front of them like another car or us just dissapearing off ahead?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh yeah, that and other stuff too, They'll throw cigs out the window when your behind them, Use the windshield washer excessivly, Throw crap at you, swerve at you, ride ur ass. Do burnouts when you're behind them at a light, ect. ect.
You'll be amazed at the things some asshat cagers will do.
that's fucked up. I have always givin bikes the right of way and always watched out for them when in my truck. Guess I am biased cause i always wanted one. My truck has been sitting for a week. Guess I should go start it up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
A buddy of mine in Boston has his bike totalled about 2 years ago when a cager in front of him nailed the brakes and forced a crash. Apparently, the driver, who was in the high speed lane and traveling about 10 mph below the speed limit during evening rush hour, was annoyed when my buddy flashed his hi beams. And the cager then drove off! Sometimes it's more than inattentiveness that we have to guard against.

Paul in Alabama

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Glad to see you came out ok with minimal injuries, sometimes you got no choice in a situation like you explained, its a split second decision and overaul not flying into the left lane and just flipping the bike was mprobally the better way of getting out alive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.