Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There, I had a little prank on my w800. Mostly front end damage. When I crashed, it pulled out the connector block which is just above the headlight. This connects to the clocks and ignition. When I turn on the ignition I get nothing on the dash. The Main light, Horn and blinkers all work fine. Is this something to do with the ECU? If so would someone on here, know how to reset it.
Many thanks in advance
Ian

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Check to make sure none of the pins in the connector are bent or not engaging somehow. Also, one or more of the wires that go to that connector could have been pulled out or broken.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome!

Check to make sure none of the pins in the connector are bent or not engaging somehow. Also, one or more of the wires that go to that connector could have been pulled out or broken.
Thank you very much for your answer. I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome!

It's a little bit awkward. But the bike is some 60 miles away in a friends workshop. I was there yesterday. Anyway my friend had a look. Pulled off the connector and said everything seemed straight and all okay. Sorry to be a bit thick, but when that call pulled put in the crash. Would that have not done anything to the ECU side of things? This is a photo of the damage to the front end. Hope the photo is not too big. Once again Many Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a little bit awkward. But the bike is some 60 miles away in a friends workshop. I was there yesterday. Anyway my friend had a look. Pulled off the connector and said everything seemed straight and all okay. Sorry to be a bit thick, but when that call pulled put in the crash. Would that have not done anything to the ECU side of things? This is a photo of the damage to the front end. Hope the photo is not too big. Once again Many Thanks View attachment 137290
It's a little bit awkward. But the bike is some 60 miles away in a friends workshop. I was there yesterday. Anyway my friend had a look. Pulled off the connector and said everything seemed straight and all okay. Sorry to be a bit thick, but when that call pulled put in the crash. Would that have not done anything to the ECU side of things? This is a photo of the damage to the front end. Hope the photo is not too big. Once again Many Thanks View attachment 137290
Sorry meant to say when I had the crash and it pulled out the connector. Would that have mucked the ECU up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think that would have done anything to the ECU, but you never know.
Hi Strider077, I think I have found the problem. I did not know on newer bikes, they had a tip over sensor!!
So I will be going up to the workshop near the end of the week. Ignition off then on and same again. Also will take the tip off sensor off and have a look at it.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts