Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i live in Austria i have exclusive info for you... it`s a real pity, but Kawasaki Austria press chief just pronounced that there will only be one ZX-6-Model in the future and that will have 599cm³. Tht means no more 636cm³ in the future...

The reason for that is, that it`s much too expensive to produce two engines for one model-type. So, let`s hope that at least the design will be awsome (not like the ZX-10)...

For me this means that i will keep my 05`636 as it`s power kills every otrher 600 in the street and on the track...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Do you have a link to this info anywhere on the net?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Well, if this is going to be the case, then I'm sure they would be re-introducing the 750 class since the 6rr is getting destroyed in the 600 class and that would leave Suzuki with the only real "mid" muscle in production... Guess I'll be looking at a gix this fall, if this info is correct.

Although I would find it odd that this info would be unveiled in Australia before anywhere else in the world.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Originally posted by MaDgamEr
Although I would find it odd that this info would be unveiled in Australia before anywhere else in the world.
It's a good thing it was revealed in AUSTRIA then, isn't it?

Austria <-> Australia, they're two completely different countries. [:M114]

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Well, if this is going to be the case, then I'm sure they would be re-introducing the 750 class since the 6rr is getting destroyed in the 600 class and that would leave Suzuki with the only real "mid" muscle in production... Guess I'll be looking at a gix this fall, if this info is correct.

Where is the 6RR getting destroyed in 600 classes?
in AMA it was winning until roger got hurt. In the Canadian superbike series, Jordan Szoke on his 6RR is leading the pro 600 class (and the 1000 on his 10R), in other 600 series where there is a FACTORY team, they do quite well.

I am glad to see the drop back to 599cc though, now when the 6R kicks everyone's asses they can't complain.

·
Registered
975 Posts

2007 ZX6RR

I'm not sure if this is just a concept or what but I think the exhaust is cool and it better destroy on the streets

·
Registered
245 Posts
i read this in a spanish magazine last month when i was in europe. my spanish isn't the greatest, but it basically said that there would be no more 636 and that the '07 would be a true 600cc displacement engine. it also said something like they don't need the extra cc's and they can now acheive the same power in a 600cc engine. Like i said, my spanish isn't the greatest, but that was the jist of it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I want one just because......well I want one. It'd be nice to have the same power of the 636 if not more in a lighter body and a cool MotoGP exhaust

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My appologies about the Australia vs Austria thing... Just read/typed too quick. LOL.

While the 6RR is holding its own, it is the least impressive with its tech numbers, but then again that seems to change with every model year from each manufacturer. I just think its going to be a real eye opener for people to once again compare the true 600's to eachother. Everyone in the past few years has been doing the while 636 vs 600's thing... Not really a fair comparison.

·
Registered
53 Posts
well i love my 2006 636 i just got a muzzy on it and went a tooth dwn on the front. i raced a 10 out of the hole i smoked him and he couldnt catch me quick enough to beat me to the line. ah sweet victory on the 636

·
Registered
53 Posts
remember people its not the bike its the rider and i have a way to get free 10hp.Did it last night i can show whoever wants to know it was easy and free

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you have been following any of the articles on this then it should be old news. They say the 599cc motor for next year will be bumped up in engineering and be as good if not better than the 636cc out now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i think is a good idea to build only the 600 and not the 636 so all those haters dont call it a cheater!!! and a new 750? damn that would be the shit..

·
Registered
53 Posts
if u take the cap off the plug where the factory plugs in there diagnostic machine and cross from one prong to another w/a small wire u will gain 10hp,it will chab=nge ur bike from north american to euro specs. Only on 05 and 06 models and 10hp only kicks in after 13000 rpm

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

While the 6RR is holding its own, it is the least impressive with its tech numbers
How so?

I don't know about numbers in magazines, or those by the manufacturer (like Yammis claimed 17,5k rpm) but I know that, stock, our zx6rr's outpowered a few of the new R6's around here. I know that the ONLY thing the R6 has that the 6RR doesn't is high&low speed comp up front as well. All other specs they praised the 2006 R6 for the kawi had in 2005 already.

I saw one crazy magazine comparo that claimed the 6rr had max pwr at 12,5k rpm and consequently a very low number. Ours make it close to 15k rpm, straight from the factory.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.