Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received a "speeding" ticket for 131kmh in a 80kmh zone (an HIGHWAY!!!not in an urban area, H-I-G-H-W-A-Y!!!)while overtaking a truck and 2 fuckings dutch caravan, the sentence is:
-8 month without license!!!!
-1200 dollars!!! (just when i come back from my honey moon...)
-15 days in JAIL!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!

These norwegians people are CRAZY, I seriously consider to leave my job here or to get muted in France. Just need my wife to accept leaving her mormonic country. MERDE

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only appeal to get a temporary driving license to drive my pregnant wife to the hospital and choose when I will go to jail (not sure about this point)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Damn! Thats crazy. I dont see them doing all of that just for going 51km over the speed limit. Did they give you a wreckless driving or something for passing the truck??

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
My g/f's sister lives in Norway. She says they (the government) actively discourages driving, eating out, etc. They make everythign VERY expensive so that people stay home & do family oriented things. When she went to visit her sister they paid over $11 US for a single happy meal. A dinner for 4 at the local pizza joint was well over $100.

F*cked up way to live, IMHO, but the residents seem to like it. Foreigners have very little in the way of options.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
*crosses Oslo off the list of cities to visit*

wow that's insane. is all of Scandinavia like that? cause i really wanna go to Sweden but not if they're all crazy like that....

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Holy shit!! Sorry to hear that.

Maybe you should get into base-jumping. There are lots of good jumps around there.

--David

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
that sux man, i got popped yesterday doing 120 mph in a 55 zone trying to get home before a severe thunderstorm hit that had reported large hail. cop caught up with me at the house lol. he was cool and reduced the ticket to 80mph in a 55 zone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sucks to be you mon ami. 15 days of norwegian hairy man nookie.......[:X]

·
Registered
316 Posts
The reason why everything is so expensive in Norway (and other European countries) is that they tax the crap out of you. The good thing is there is no such thing as health insurance (universal coverage) as well as almost no cost for quality education (I payed $600 per year in scotland). If you factor in all of those costs (what do you pay a month for health insurance and student loans?) it is almost not a bad deal.

Not surprised at how tough they were (sorry). I mean, think of how difficult it is to get your license there. They take driving very seriously. Hell, most european cars dont have cup holders in the front.

Good luck on the prison. That is the part that I would have the biggest issue with. Bet the punishment deters you from speeding again though...
Best of luck with the wife!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Damn that sucks. Enjoy jail

·
Registered
803 Posts
Holy shit! If I ever get to Norway I'll have to remember not to rent a bike. Don't they have community service or something less harsh than jail?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vulcan: I think it was a community service until ....129kph [xx(]
Sgtcarrot: Yes, they tax everything. exemple: a zx6r 2006 price tag is 24000 dollar and a bad bottle of wine 15 D...
Dwilights: Close, i starts paragliding in two weeks

And no, no wreckless driving. This is the standart sentence.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
"Yes, they tax everything. exemple: a zx6r 2006 price tag is 24000 dollar "

WHAT! I'll get me 636, 10R, and mod the freak out of both of them for that price

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
well, id rather be going to jail in norway than some federal prison here in america. it shouldnt be too bad, its probably just a county jail, where they stick the drunks and shop lifters. hopefully you wont be bunked up with rapists and murderers( if you even have rape and murder over there in the land of wooded shoes and windmills ;))

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.