Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cruising home from work today. A guy on a ZX-9R pulled up beside me and had a chat at the traffic lights. Rode along together blatting the throttle occasionally from each set of lights until he pulled off to go home, and I pulled into the street I live in. Chugging along in first gear at about 20kph when I cracked the throttle open. Front just went straight up in a power wheelie, no effort at all. Just thought to myself "Awesome!" [^]

Last bike I had with that much raw grunt was a litre bike. The 03 636's are great, but the 02's aint bad either :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
i did the same thing about a week and a half ago...only by accident! it was my first wheelie and i wasn't even trying to do it! i was just getting on it hard cause this truck kept pulling up next to me trying to rev and i'm like this guy is freakin crazy!? so, just as i was going into second thats when it shot up. i laughed all the way home

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, they 03 power wheelies are addictive, where I live I gotta scoot my 210lb ass to the back of the seat and take it to 9k, let off then hit it open and it comes up. Thats at 5000ft elevation. But where i got to school which is like 400ft elevation, 6k in first, hit it open, up she goes, 2nd gear, 9k, roll off then back on real quick with a tug of the bars and up she goes again.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I rememeber my first accidental power wheelie...

scared the shit out of me, but when it was all over I just "petted" my bike saying "good girl"....

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah i did a powerwheelie for the first time in a 3rd gear corner. i nailed it coming off the turn and it pulled a side wheelie thru the entire rest of the turn, and i flopped it over to hit the next turn. all in a period of maybe 3-4 seconds...

needless to say it was all done majically and i dont know how i did it, but i wish i did, cause it was BAD ASS!

·
Registered
695 Posts
It seems like everytime I come off a good turn and blast the throttle my wheel comes up about a foot or more, even when I'm not trying. My 02 has never ran better. I think she's all broke in and kickin ass now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.