Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys whats up... well umm the 7r wont start anymore we dont know why but im putting my money on its not getting spark... we just had the valves adjusted and the carbs synched and when we got it back we just rode it around the neighborhood a few times(we took it around the neighborhood maybe 3 times) and when we ventured out of the neighborhood(couple weeks after last time we rode it) it decided not to start... initially my thought was the battery so i tried push starting it and it wasnt firing i can hear the crank spinning after i dropped the clutch but it wasnt igniting... so then got home and changed the gas... nothing... and just now i changed the plugs... and still nothing what do you guys think?

·
Registered
60 Posts
take the gas tank off and remove the air box so you can see ur carbs, it maybe firing and it just not getting gas. once you get to the carbs take some carbrator spray while trying to start the bike spray some of this in the carbs and see if it will bump i had this proble once after my bike set up for a long time. (the bowl where dry because i drane them after the set up for a while

·
Registered
411 Posts
It sounds a little like the same problem I have. It might be your ignition switch. When you turn the key over there are some plates that need to line up. If these are not lining up, you still get power, and the engine is turning over, but you get no spark to the plugs..

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is no key its wired up like a race bike my brother left on the bike when we were towing it and it fell off somewhere... and there is no fuse to the coils is there? and the batt is 100% fine and we already even tried to jump it too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.