Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 07 zzr600.was riding home the other afternoon and got caught in the rain. The bike went dead on me. After checking the fuses.my head fuse was blown I replaced it turned the key on.everything powers up gauges do there thing all the lights come on neutral light shines.but when I hit the start button nothing happens the cluster lights will dim a tad when I press the button but no crank nothing I crossed the solenoid to engage the starter it will wip over but won't fire.ive changed the solenoid still nothing please help thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
First off what is a Head Fuse ? I assume yu areredering to the Main 30A Fuse (Green) ?
Sounds like water has gotten into one or more electrical connections and created a short or two.
Odd on a ZZR600 as there's not a great deal exposed.
Pull all connections apart and see which ones are wet or cruddy and address with a Dialectric Greese.
I have had them where the water dries out and everything returns which can be worse as you now dread riding in the Rain.
If you don't find anything we can run through some Diagnostic checks to see where the issue might live..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey sorry I meant the ign. Fuse it was the only fuse blown after I replaced it I got power to e erything I've went through all my connections still having the same issue once I hit the start button the cluster lights will dim a tad but nothing else bat. Is good I can jump the solenoid and it will whip like crazy but no fire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts