Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya,
A biker from the land of OZ who is concerned about the noise(s) coming out of his zx6r. I bought the Kwaka with just on 10,000km on the clock a year ago. The bike just had its 24,000km service which involved valve adjustment (needed four exhaust shims replaced), and I also had the cam chain tensioner replaced under warranty. The engine sounds (and always did) noisy, with continual tapping, and at idle the engine completely drowns the exhaust note. It's like a grinding timing chain noise which I thought would probably disappear when the cam chain tensioner was replaced. The guys at the workshop said that the tapping is normal and should be heard as it is an indication that the valves haven't closed up. They said that Kawasaki's engines are usually loud compared to other makes, but are also quite strong. Can you guys confirm this, and perhaps reply with possible reasons for the noise? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My '02 models engine definitely doesn't drown out the exhaust note :) It has always had a faint tapping sound coming from it, which seems to rise and fall in frequency with the RPMs, but it doesn't sound like it's as bad as what you've got there.

Luke Burton.

PGP keys available - http://www.hagus.net/pgp

"Yes, questions. Morphology, longevity, incept dates."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.