Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from VA......

I just bought a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250R.The bike has only 7,450 miles on it.I use to ride a Fazer back in the day before my kid was born.So being new to being on a bike again I went smaller to get the feel for it again.So now to the problem.The bike has no take off power.I can't even get out of my driveway unless I get a running start and then it bogs down.Riding it home was a big ol mess when I picked it up.It had been sitting since last Oct.Going down a hill it goes but not as I would expect it to.Seems like its holding back.Picking up speed to come back up that hill is a no go.It bogs down and has staled.I had to push it the rest of the way up the hill,then on flat surface ride again.

On the flat surface it has no take off power in first,it hesitates then goes.Would this be a carb problem or something bigger?I'm taking it to a Kawasaki shop tomorrow.I just would like to know does this sound like a carb issue?I love the bike and hope I have not got screwed over on buying it.I couldn't test drive it due to no tags on it,but it started right up and sounded good.So I was like what the hey I will buy it.Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
could be really flat gas or the carbs could be crudded up.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
have you tried running seafoam through it to get rid of any built up carbon?
Did the previous owner have fuel stabilizer in it?
If you are lucky, it might be just a matter of getting the old gas out and running a few tanks of new gas through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts