Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'm a broke college student and i want an exhaust for my bike. i definately can't afford a full system or carbon fiber exhausts but i want something that sounds good and is inexpensive. any help would be great

·
Registered
41 Posts
They all sound good. If cost is your main concern, pick up a used slip-on of whatever brand is the cheapest at the moment on eBay. Probably get a stainless Yosh or something like it for a couple hundo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They all sound good. If cost is your main concern, pick up a used slip-on of whatever brand is the cheapest at the moment on eBay. Probably get a stainless Yosh or something like it for a couple hundo.
yosh doesn't make an underseat exhaust do they?? but i cant find shit on ebay

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
that's a bad-ass pipe helo, how much did you pay for all the parts?
all in all, was about $200. got the pipes off craigs list, then ordered the baffles off ebay. i was going to get the yami baffles instead of the zx, but the yami ones sold before i could get them. the zx ones are almost identical to the yami ones, only thing is i they are held in diferantly, so if i could have gotten the yami ones it would have been less work on my part.

there are a few other little things there as well. i ended up cutting the cat out of my headders, and thats where i mounted the wide band o2 sensor. and i had an extra mid pipe that i cut up to make the y pipe for the new pipes. the stock yami exhaust is titanium. and i dont have access to the equip to weld ti. so i ended up not using the ti, and mounted a piece of steel in the pipes, and then made the y pipes out of the extra mid pipe i had.

there is also more packing in my pipes than there is in most pipes, that helps give it the deep throaty sound, and helps the sound not be so tinny.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i saw a titnium yosh in the for sale section earlier today

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You can find yosh SP's for cheap also try the classified section on here I have literally bought every aftermarket part for my bike on here and I am FAR from stock!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.